Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Best Practices for In-Person Event Name Badges Post-COVID

Posted 07-28-2020 11:48
    I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or best practices on how the name badge process might work moving forward when in person events can be held again. We are thinking about the fact that people won't want us touching their badges and handing them out. I did note the product update to OnArrival where there is now a hands free kiosk mode but wondered if anyone else had come up with other future plans for badges moving forward.
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingOn-site

------------------------------
    Neeve MacGregor
    Events Data and Systems Coordinator
    Northeastern University, University Events Office

• 2.  RE: Best Practices for In-Person Event Name Badges Post-COVID

Posted 07-28-2020 14:47
    Hello-

To give you a unique use case right off the bat- historically, my company prints badges that act as personalized raffle tickets that attendees would receive upon check in and they would themselves drop off in a raffle drum found centrally within the event space. What we look to do now is that staff members checking in attendees will gather all the raffle tickets printed and another staff member will go around the stations and collect all the tickets to drop them off at the drum. Our events can be best described as county fairs.

Somewhat on the same topic of onsite registration, my concern is we require a terms & conditions agreement onsite for guests of the primary registrants. Since there is not a way for guests to agree to the T&C verbiage pre-event, we need to capture their agreement upon check-in. Regardless, this process requires our attendees to physically to touch iPads whether they are checking a box or signing through OnArrival. We have brainstormed making sure to wipe down the iPad after every group or give all those attendees stylus's to keep with them. 

We are open to any ideas to keep our attendees safe while running a seamless check in process.

Kevin Bedoya
    Event Technology Coordinator

• 3.  RE: Best Practices for In-Person Event Name Badges Post-COVID

Posted 07-29-2020 09:12
    Honestly - our group is now considering not providing name badges for some of our events.  Many of our smaller events are held in a lab where the attendee is suited up in PPE (personal protective equipment) for a large portion of the day and  the name badge gets covered up. Not providing a name badge means one less touch point in the on-site process.

Angela Grove Armstrong
    Senior Meeting Planner, Meeting Services
    Zimmer, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Best Practices for In-Person Event Name Badges Post-COVID

Posted 07-30-2020 15:19
    I saw this week that MPI is mailing name badges ahead of time for the WEC, along with color-coded lanyards: 
    • Green - I'm OK with hugs and high fives.
    • Yellow - I'm OK with talking but not touching.
    • Red - Hello! I am keeping my distance.

Amy Bell
    Meeting and Event Planner
    Carlisle Construction Materials