Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  More and More Flex Questions

Community MVP
    Posted 08-28-2020 15:40
    Hi!

I have a few Flex questions that I am not able to mimic the same action as I did in classic. It could be me but I have carefully reviewed each setting and it doesn't seem possible.

1. Date & Time Registration Question
      1.  I would like to make a minimum date requirement and a maximum date requirement. How do I do this?
    2. Hotel Request
      1.  I would like to turn off the hotel picture and just show the room options. How do I do this?
    3. Admission Item
      1.  I would like to show the "automatic" selection on the sessions page with the price like I could in classic. How do I do this? I don't want the massive text and buttons.
    4. Data Tags
      1.  I would like the account level custom data tags to match the font and text size when I use these. However, I cannot get them to match no matter what I do in the custom data tag. How can I accomplish this without pulling my hair out?
      2.  In classic I could make data tags in my emails for standard or custom links so that when I sent test emails the URLs would test properly. I don't show that these are available in Flex. Did they get renamed or moved? Is this still possible?

TIA for the help!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Lindsay Buchanan
    Manager
    Travelink

• 2.  RE: More and More Flex Questions

Posted 09-02-2020 13:04
    Hi Lindsay, 

Could you provide a little more information on what you need to achieve for items 1 and 3? 

For the data tags - They should automatically match the settings for the particular text box that they are in. If you find they are not automatically matching, you can select all the text in the text box and select the "T" with the "\" line through it. That will remove any formatting in the text box so that it defaults back to the overall theme settings.  You can use this trick across the whole of Cvent - We find when too many people start making edits to our sessions they sometimes end up with random formatting from too much copy/pasting and need to do this trick in the actual session entry to make sure it displays correctly on our webpage. 

Hope this helps! Sorry I can't assist on your other questions but if you can provide more info - I'll take another look :)

Sharna Pascolo
    Program Director
    Texas Society of Architects

• 3.  RE: More and More Flex Questions

Community MVP
    Posted 09-10-2020 13:03
    Hi Sharna-

In regards to number 1, we usually collect passport information for group trips. The requirements are to have a valid passport more than 6 months following the date of return. Additionally, I usually collect the date of issue as well. To add an additional validator, we put the actual dates to ensure that we are only getting valid passports within the requirements. It keeps us from having to chase down these passports.

In regards to number 3, I usually setup most of our group trips to automatically select the package/admission item, so they only have to select the optional items that are available for selection. I would like to make sure the admission item is visible, but not for selection.

Can you show me an example of the datatag where the formatting?

Thanks,
    Lindsay

Lindsay Buchanan
    Manager
    Travelink

• 4.  RE: More and More Flex Questions

Posted 09-11-2020 15:08

Hey Lindsay,

When you create the custom field for the passport date, you could set the Earliest Possible Date setting to be within 6 months of the meeting travel time. That way if someone enters a date within 6 months of their expiry it would give them an error message. You could even use Language Management to edit exactly what the error message says.

I think the best way to get around your admission item issue is to remove that page from your registration altogether. As long as you only have the one admission item setup, with the same fee for anyone purchasing it, you don't need to have that page. As they go through registration, that admission item will automatically be assigned by default. 

Instead, at the top of your agenda page, you could drop in a text box that says something about the package/price and what is included. The admission items will show up on the summary page too so you could also edit how that displays so that the registrant gets all the information they need in that area too. 

Hope this helps!

Sharna Pascolo
    Program Director
    Texas Society of Architects