Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Website pending/live

Community MVP
    Posted 11-14-2021 18:25
    Working on my next registation.
    Question on feature status.

Previously when going live you can't change some parts of the registration.
    Now by making website live, is that still the case? Can I change it back to Pending?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 2.  RE: Website pending/live

Cvent Staff
    Posted 11-15-2021 14:47
    Hi Steven, 

You can now set your Event Website live without opening Registration, which means you can continue to tweak Registration as much as you'd like even while your website is live. The Website feature itself can be opened and closed at any time if you'd like to take the site down for any reason. When launching Registration you are opening the form for sign ups, and tallying up registrations begins. You can "close" Registration if you'd like to hide the form for any reason but you can't edit the form any longer. Closing Registration does not undo the existing registrations, but your invitees will no longer have access to register until you reopen the form.

Hope this answers your question! Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Farah van Caloen
    Senior Manager, Product Marketing
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Website pending/live

Community MVP
    Posted 11-15-2021 15:33
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 11-15-2021 15:39
    That is a nice enhancement. Up until now I couldn't use cvent to promote an event until registration was live.
    Thank you.

But wait, what does this mean, "You're about to open the event website to your attendees. Please note the Website feature can't be removed when it's live."

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 4.  RE: Website pending/live

User Group Member
    Posted 11-15-2021 15:47

I was unaware of this new feature.  How do I go live with my Event website without enabling registration?  Does this mean I can now send emails to my Invitation lists without Launching Event?  I've always wanted to send out a save the date email but could not until I click on Launch Event.  I've been using Constant Contact to send the save the date email.

As I write, I suppose you're saying we Launch Event but keep registration closed.  This will enable informational emails to be sent but no one can register.  Once we finish our tweaking of the registration paths, we can open registration.  Is that about right?

Carl

*As a reminder, our offices are closed on Friday

• 5.  RE: Website pending/live

Posted 11-16-2021 11:24
    You mention that you can no longer edit the form after closing registration.  If I reopen registration, can I then modify the reg form again (within the restrictions of what can be changed after launching registration)?

Also, if we "Go Live" with the website, is the testing scenario process still available for registration.  This has always been the defining factor for "launching" the event.  If we can Go Live with the website but continue testing the registration form, that's a game changer.  And as Steven Schlossman highlights, the ability to Send Save the Dates and refer to the website without the registration open is a big advantage.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    John Maddox, CMP
    Meetings IT, Inc.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::