Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Data tag with kiosk mode web link

Posted 06-18-2020 10:04
    Hi All,

For some upcoming virtual events I would like to allow my registrants to 'check-in' via email. In the check-in email I send them, I would like to include the kiosk mode web link. Since I am creating many, many of these events, I would like to use a link or URL data tag to avoid manually cut/pasting the URL. I spent a bit of time looking through the community and knowledge base, but didn't see a solution - like a kiosk mode data tag or some way to modify an existing tag to generate the proper URL. Any ideas?

Bill
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Bill Lankenau
    Senior Director, Product Management, Online Learning Solutions
    College Board

• 2.  RE: Data tag with kiosk mode web link

Community MVP
    Posted 06-23-2020 13:01
    Hello Bill, 

Seems like it's a job for a custom data tag! 

I've done that before for repetitive text that I need appearing in a bunch of places, but that might get modified as the event goes. This way, I only need to update it in the data tag rather than in every email.

You could have the custom data tag be a button, and whenever you use the tag, it populates a button in the html email, or you could put just the url in the tag, and use the tag within one of the Flex button. 

I hope that helps! 

https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000002649

Béline FALZON
    Event Planner
    California Teachers Association

• 3.  RE: Data tag with kiosk mode web link

Posted 06-23-2020 17:18
    Hi Bill - try a custom data tag!  This will populate the link anywhere that you use the custom data tag and will also be updated if you make a change, rather than updating in every place that link lives.  Hope this is helpful!!

Kayla Sisco
    Convention Coordinator
    Impact XM

• 4.  RE: Data tag with kiosk mode web link

Posted 06-25-2020 10:44
    Hi Bill,

Agree with what Béline & Kayla suggested below with using a custom data tag for your kiosk mode url. I would create it at the account level so that you can use the same data tag across all of your events without needing to recreate it for each one. You may need to do a quick test to make sure it works the way you envision but hopefully this will save you a bunch of time.

Good luck!

Sharna Pascolo
    Program Director
    Texas Society of Architects