Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Headers and footers in Emails

User Group Member
    Posted 07-20-2020 08:29
    A quick question.  When I do my email invitation tests, the headers and footers don't line up with the body of the emails.  The two sections are not as wide as the body and it looks horrible.  When I look at the email in the preview view and in the editor, everything looks great.  Has anyone else had this issue?  If so, what is the fix?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Michael Goldenberg
    Athletic Trainer
    Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association

• 2.  RE: Headers and footers in Emails

Cvent Staff
    Posted 07-20-2020 16:36
    Hi Michael, 

You can try manually editing the dimensions of the email. By clicking the Theme tab and going into Dimensions, adjusting the email width might help resolve this!

Robin Schoenfeld
    Senior Client Success Advisor
    Productive Utilization

• 3.  RE: Headers and footers in Emails

Posted 07-21-2020 09:16
    Something that took me a WHILE to learn (and I kept submitting cases about it) was that you can't define width on the sections. You have to define it on every single widget instead. Meaning that, if you want to have left and right margins, you can only add those properties to the widgets. 

I hope that helps!

Lauren Becker
    Travel, Meetings & Incentives Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac

• 4.  RE: Headers and footers in Emails

Community MVP
    Posted 07-21-2020 10:12
    In addition, the preview is not what you always get. Header images on webpages are not responsive, but they are in the preview.
    I ended up adding not using header/footer and created my own sections. Email was fine, except for being sure all sections match.

Also try testing on multiple mobile devices.

Wish there was a way to know what device people are using to register and modify registrations.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America