Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Zoom or WebEx Integrations > how are you using them

Posted 05-22-2020 14:24
    Like everyone else we are pivoting to virtual events. We just completed a very successful multi-day, multi-sessions event with a beautiful platform, using Zoom webinars for the sessions. 

We missed our integration with Cvent and all of the features we have with a self-managed website, registration features and configurations, emailing capabilities, reporting, etc. We did a lot of manual work to make the interface work and complete our operational tasks.

If you are using zoom or webex for your virtual meetings, HOW are you using it? 

This is our simple use case: 

1. Receive notification from us to register for the event
    2. Register for the event and specific sessions on Cvent flex
    3. Receive/download a calendar entry for the specific sessions – one each, with details on how to join the session
    4. On the day and time of the session, access the session either via the link in the calendar entry or by navigating to the SIG/Cvent event flex website
    5. Participate in the session according to the configuration we made – e.g. attendees are all muted and can only chat or attendees are able to speak and share video
    6. After the event, run all of our excellent engagement reports – including attendance and Q&A and chat logs/transcripts

I would sincerely appreciate any feedback regarding how you are enabling virtual events so that your attendees are engaged, happy but your team isn't ready to revolt! 

#Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Mary Zampino, CSP, CSMP | Vice President – Content, Research & Analytics | SIG
    mzampino@sig.org | LinkedIn: maryzampino | Twitter: @MaryZampino_SIG

• 2.  RE: Zoom or WebEx Integrations > how are you using them

Posted 05-26-2020 07:28
    Following*

KRISTIE CARDENAS
    Manager Meeting and Travel Services
    Mastercard

• 3.  RE: Zoom or WebEx Integrations > how are you using them

Posted 05-26-2020 09:32
    We had a similar experience and have asked our sales contact to escalate the need for out of the box integrations with Zoom.    It was painful doing all the participation updates and timing manually via upload.  We also used CrowdCompass but had some glitches since that was not truly structured for virtual either (locations were Zoom links but didn't link out).  I suggest you contact your sales rep too - the more voices we have for the need to have virtual meeting components be stronger - it might get done!

Christine Rocco
    Sr Events Mgr
    Cengage Learning , Inc

• 4.  RE: Zoom or WebEx Integrations > how are you using them

Posted 05-27-2020 10:18
    Following*

Wendy Derblich
    Event Planner
    Bayer Business Services GMBH

• 5.  RE: Zoom or WebEx Integrations > how are you using them

Posted 05-27-2020 16:48
    Hi Mary, thanks for the info. In your virtual event, were you able to embed Zoom into your flex website or was it a stand alone? Our requirement is that it be embedded in the platform that we use. Also, many of our attendees do not want or for security reasons can't have zoom account.

We have our first virtual event next week and we used Cvent for registration and another platform for the virtual capabilities. It is/was alot of manual work. I have been unable to see an example of embedded zoom for Cvent platform.

Thanks in advance,

Cynthia Keller

Cynthia Keller
    Marketing Manager-Events
    Gulf Publishing

• 6.  RE: Zoom or WebEx Integrations > how are you using them

Posted 05-27-2020 17:00
    Thanks for asking. It was standalone, so no integration with Cvent. We did use Zoom to deliver session content. 

By embedded, what exactly do you mean? Can you walk me through a case study? 

What alternatives are you looking at in lieu of Zoom? 

Thank you in advance. 

• 7.  RE: Zoom or WebEx Integrations > how are you using them

Posted 05-28-2020 10:41

Hi there,

We're also pivoting to virtual events and I'm wondering, if you wouldn't mind sharing, how you handled using Zoom and having multiple sessions at once?  We're holding a virtual conference that will have 5 simultaneous sessions, and I'm somewhat stalled at how to use Zoom for multiple simultaneous sessions since Zoom only allows one host to hold one meeting at a time.  The only solution I can think of is to utilize multiple staff Zoom accounts, so have 5 staff Zoom meetings/webinars going at once.  Thank you for any advice!

Sara

Sara Parrett
    Program Assistant
    University of Washington - Center for Continuing Education in Rehabilitation

• 8.  RE: Zoom or WebEx Integrations > how are you using them

Posted 05-28-2020 11:26
    Hi Sara, 

Good morning! I wonder if you work with my sister at UW. :)

That is the exact configuration we had to adopt - multiple zoom accounts with webinar capabilities. Your solution makes sense. 

We had three simultaneous sessions running per block, with three blocks per day. We had only 15-minutes between the blocks. This configuration required 6 different zoom accounts. Accounts 1-3 managed sessions 1 thru 3, then accounts 4-6 managed session 4 thru 6, then accounts 1-3 managed sessions 7 thru 9.

This is a basic run down of how we ran things:
    0:00 > Start webinar
    0:00 - 0:15 > admit panelists, manage issues, make introductions, remind of session flow
    0:15 (aka published session start time) > hit broadcast button to move from practice session to live session 
    0:15 - 0:17 > facilitator welcomes attendees, indicates session will start in a few moments
    0:17 > facilitator introduces panelists, session starts

Our normal operating procedures and best practice for our weekly educational webinars is to invite our panelist/speakers into the practice session 30-minutes prior to the published start time. We should have stuck with our best practices. That short 15-minute window went very quickly if a speaker wasn't showing up, or had technical issues, or wanted to change their background or bantered too much.

Best wishes, 
    Mary