Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Email Opt-Outs

Posted 09-20-2021 12:34
    Hello Cvent Community!

For those of you doing Virtual or Hybrid events - do you have creative ways to work with attendees who opt-out of emails when it comes to additional communication or event reminders that does not interfere with or go against the opt-out policy?

For our events, my team will send a generic registration confirmation, but send the access links a day or two before the event. Anyone who opts-out from the Registration confirmation does not get the instructions or reminders we send out.

#ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Judi Kiess
    Program Manager
    SEIU

• 2.  RE: Email Opt-Outs

Community MVP
    Posted 09-20-2021 14:16
    Since Cvent doesn't have a opt out by item, we would update the text at the bottom to send an email to the team requesting to opt-out. This allowed our team to explain that once they opt-out that no further emails would be sent and they would miss out on important event specific emails. Additionally we added the section to join specific contact lists (for classic, I am not sure that this has been enabled in Flex). This would allow each participant to select the "emails" they wanted to receive from us about the event. Then we would use those contact lists to send emails from. Not the easiest work around, but hopefully Cvent will bring out an opt-out based on specific items or a manage emails section for events.

Lindsay Buchanan
    Meetings Management Consultant
    Intent Strategy Group (A Division of M&IW)
    M +1 262.488.4537
    lbuchanan@meetings-incentives.com

• 3.  RE: Email Opt-Outs

Posted 09-21-2021 09:06
    Thanks Lindsay - I'll make note about using the team email to request to opt-out and see if it's one my client will think about.

I appreciate your ideas!

Judi Kiess
    Program Manager
    SEIU