Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  I do not want the Videos on Demand replays to be downloadable

Posted 04-02-2021 14:25
    Hi all,

Just launched my first Cvent and I am still stressing over lots of little things....I have a laundry list of "things you don't know you don't know until you know."

Most pressing right now is that I had my first live stream session and the replay has a download option!!!  I do not want the Videos on Demand replays to be downloadable.  How can I avoid this??!
    #ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Stephanie Garst
    Executive Director
    US Play Coalition

• 2.  RE: I do not want the Videos on Demand replays to be downloadable

Posted 04-02-2021 15:06
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 01-18-2024 14:09

Hi Stephanie,

I hope you are doing well! We definitely understand your first event can be stressful, but hope we can assist and clarify any remaining questions.

I reached out to a Client Services representative regarding this and he shared this information: To confirm, he believes this is a collaborative session. For livestream sessions, recording links aren't available, but if collaborative sessions are available for replay, the Zoom recording link also has a download option. The way around it is to disable the replay, and share the session details with Cvent Support or your Account Team. Cvent can then upload them directly for you into the system and prevent the download option.

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: I do not want the Videos on Demand replays to be downloadable

Posted 04-02-2021 15:42
    Oh that's good to know!!  Thank you!  This is helpful!

Would the same apply if I actually wanted the replay option to be in gallery view instead of speaker view?

Also, can I get the video files so that I can use clips as teasers on social media?

Stephanie Perler Garst
    Executive Director
    US Play Coalition 

• 4.  RE: I do not want the Videos on Demand replays to be downloadable

Posted 04-02-2021 16:27
    Hi Stephanie,

Of course! :) 

I checked into this and was told when uploading the recordings, it is usually what we recorded so we cannot change that. Our recordings by default have active speaker view as the option. Be sure to discuss this if you give Customer Support a call so they can confirm the view yours were recorded.

Regarding the video files for social media, yes these can be shared with you! 

Best,

Danni 

Danni Czark
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: I do not want the Videos on Demand replays to be downloadable

Posted 04-02-2021 16:48
    How do I request the video files?

Stephanie Perler Garst
    Executive Director
    US Play Coalition 

• 6.  RE: I do not want the Videos on Demand replays to be downloadable

Posted 04-02-2021 16:56
    Hi Stephanie,

That can be done when working with Customer Support, or your Account Team, when Cvent is uploading the recordings for you.

You should also be able to download collaborative session recordings from the recording URL in the virtual session tab.

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Cvent