Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Building Charts in Cross Event Reports (New)

Posted 02-07-2020 14:29
    Edited by Jonathan Collins 02-10-2020 10:56
    Hi Everyone, 

I am a relative new guy when it comes to reporting in CVent, but I am not seeing a way to build a chart or a visual graphic out of Cross Event Reports (New) reports - it looks like all I can do is display data in a traditional list-view (e.g. excel). 

Is it simple and I am just missing it or does charting/data visualization functionality not exist yet? 

Thanks in advance,
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Jonathan Collins
    Training Applications and eLearning Business Analyst
    NSF Center for Public Health Education

• 2.  RE: Building Charts in Cross Event Reports (New)

Posted 02-13-2020 13:29
    Sadly, this is a huge shortcoming in reporting (and with Cvent in general). You have to download as Excel and manipulate your data to create your graphs/charts. Another HUGE shortcoming is not being able to report on any/all data fields. For example, there's no way to run a report of all contacts who have a bounced email and who have never attended an event (in order to delete them from your system since there's not much value in keeping them in Cvent). You can create a report for bounced email... but then you have to go into EACH RECORD INDIVIDUALLY to view their activity history. Crazy that Cvent is great at so much but the data manipulation leaves a lot to be improved upon.

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme McMilllen & Associates

• 3.  RE: Building Charts in Cross Event Reports (New)

Posted 02-13-2020 14:02
    Thanks Lori, 

I would tend to agree; reporting seems rather weak and under-developed at this point. I just found out that there is literally not a way to pull a report by event type (e.g .Classic vs. FLEX) either.  :(

Looks like I'll be on the business end of an excel sheet for the rest of the day today. :)

Jonathan Collins
    Training Applications and eLearning Business Analyst
    NSF Center for Public Health Education