Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Registration for Zoom webinar w/o passcode

Posted 09-07-2021 15:53
    Hello
    I would like ask is there a way to create a registration page when my guests will sign in and be directed to Zoom without having to enter the passcode.  The passcode is a requirement for our meeting but we want the user to be able to join automatically.   Is there anyway that we can provide the passcode in the background?   Is there a special requirement that we can do to make the guest/user a simple 'click' entry into the Zoom webinar?

Thank you.
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Assenneth Quinones
    UBS Wealth Management

• 2.  RE: Registration for Zoom webinar w/o passcode

Community MVP
    Posted 09-15-2021 16:50
    Here are my initial thoughts: If you are not using Cvent's Zoom back end but instead are using your own, enable the Waiting Room and disable the password. This will send attendees into the Waiting Room without a need for a passcode, but you do have to admit them all. You can use the email Marketing tools in Cvent to tell attendees to expect to be in the waiting room and admitted at the start time of the session.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 3.  RE: Registration for Zoom webinar w/o passcode

Community MVP
    Posted 09-16-2021 09:16

Maybe I am not understanding your question and Brenda's answer, or maybe the answer is that you need the Zoom integration. Here's why I say that: 

We have the Zoom integration, which allows Cvent and Zoom to talk back and forth, and embeds the attendee's unique login ID into their event reminder email via a data tag. This bypasses the need for them to have to enter the password. 

If you don't have the Zoom integration, you may want to ask for a demo and specifically ask about that piece. 

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Registration for Zoom webinar w/o passcode

Posted 09-16-2021 09:53

Just a note that I am referring to the use of Zoom Webinar.  I want the attendee to be able to sign in with their name/email and just enter.  No passcode require by them.   We need to have a passcode for our Webinar for legal reasons.  Was hoping we could set it in the background or as noted here....place them in a Waiting Room and at start time of session.  We log in with passcode and start webinar and let in attendees in Waiting Room?