Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Error when trying to send invite

Posted 10-02-2020 14:48
    I've tried reaching out to actual support but I just keep being told that every single department I'm transferred to or talk to can't help me so I'm turning to users to see if you all can help.  

I'm trying to get someone registered but she's not receiving any emails for verification.  She has checked her spam folder and all that jazz but she isn't getting them.  When I try to send her an invite it will say processing and then change to registered but there will be a little exclamation point icon and says error.  It doesn't give any additional information other then error.  I've tried deleting and re-adding and even had them self register but nothing works.  Anyone have any ideas?
    #EventApp-Building/managing

• 2.  RE: Error when trying to send invite

Posted 10-05-2020 09:18
    I know it doesn't help you get the system email to her, but you could run a report and get her Yes & No links, then just email them to her separately.

In your Invitees & Registrants report, on the Fields tab, look under the Registration Information section and you'll see options for "RSVP Yes URL" and "RSVP No URL". If you add those to the report, there will be a unique link generated for each person on your invitation list.

Over the years, we've had a LOT of difficulty getting emails to our attendees at different companies or in government. We finally were able to work with our IT and Cvent to implement DKIM key that allows our emails to get through. Don't ask me what any of it means, or if it's the issue you're having! All I know is that my emails finally get through.

------------------------------
    Lauren Becker
    Travel, Meetings & Incentives Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac

• 3.  RE: Error when trying to send invite

Posted 10-05-2020 09:22
    Some email servers block emails that "appear" to come from a person but really come from a 3rd party, such as an email marketing tool like the one Cvent has baked into Cvent Event Management, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc.

She may have to talk to her IT dept to get that setting turned DOWN/loosened up on the email servers so that they aren't rejected before they even hit her Inbox.

Also, for her, go to her Contact in Cvent Event Reg and add her personal email addy (yahoo, gmail, whatever) to the Email CC field. That will get around the issue that she's not receiving emails.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 4.  RE: Error when trying to send invite

Posted 10-05-2020 09:32

Hi Jason,

I am not sure if I'm reading your email correctly.  Are you trying to send the Registration Confirmation email following registration?  

A couple of things you can check if you haven't already:

1.  Does the email have advanced settings that might be preventing it from being mailed to that person such as the email is set to send to a specific reg type?

2.  Here is a Cvent resource we have used in the past:  Why was my contact opted-out? https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000003176&Lang=en_US&searchTerm=opt%20out
    This should help eliminate the reasons listed in the article and narrow down the reasons.

Hope this helps!

Loretta Peterson
    Events Associate
    CDW

• 5.  RE: Error when trying to send invite

Posted 10-06-2020 10:24
    Hi Jason,

So sorry to hear that you are encountering issues! I would suggest reaching out to a member of your Account Team - they can assist by running some reports to determine if emails are not being delivered, if an attendee may have opted out, or if there is something else going on. I would also recommend inquiring about DKIM implementation - this has been helpful for many customers encountering deliverability issues.

Cailey Lewis
    Senior Client Success Advisor
    Productive Utilization