Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Bundled Pricing Packages - Purchasing Multiple Events at Once

Posted 01-06-2021 12:54
    Hi CVENT Community,

I'm looking for advice regarding how it might be possible to create bundled pricing packages to give the option for customers to purchase multiple virtual events during a single registration flow. The events would all be under a single brand and would take place once a month. The idea would be to offer options to purchase the following:

- Single Event (full price)
    - Two Events (reduced price)
    - Three Events (even more reduced price)

It would preferred that each registrant still flowed into each respective event, rather than just being sessions within a master event - however I understand that might not be possible, and that transactions would have to stay in the primary event anyway.

So far I've come up with the following:

1. To create a new event for each event each month and within each of those events create paid optional sessions for the other events in the future. Then use volume discounts based on the optional sessions with fees. Someone who buys a one or several of these sessions would have to be manually added to future events via a bulk registration upload by our team - which leaves room for error.

2. Similar to the above but using 3 admission items (single, two events, three events) and have the sessions limited based on admission item. The sessions wouldn't have a fee, but there would be advanced rules to having the single only allowed to select one of the following, double allowing to select two of the following, etc...

3. I considered having each "months" virtual event all together in one CVENT container event, and have them setup each as sessions. However, it becomes a problem when a customer is already registered for the container lets say for a March session and then in May decides they want to attend another event in July - they would need to modify and that becomes complicated. Marketing would have to consider as well potentially a different CTA and instructions when promoting to people already registered in the container event.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and suggestions here!

Best,
    Evan
    #ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc

• 2.  RE: Bundled Pricing Packages - Purchasing Multiple Events at Once

Posted 01-06-2021 13:35
    Hi Evan - 

I have successfully used Option #2. It worked well for my event.​

I feel that Option #1 is too manual a process and I agree it does leave room for error.​

Option #3 ​creates more work for the Registrant and leaves to chance that they will actually go back and to edit their registration record. Not to mention adding communications to your schedule. As we know, people do not read every email they are sent - this could generate more queries from frustrated Registrants or even loss of registrations for the other virtual events.

Cheers,
    Kelly

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous
    #PromotingYourEvent

Kelly Port
    Sr. Technology Project Manager
    Meetings & Incentives Worldwide, Inc.

Kelly Port
    Sr. Technology Project Manager
    Aon Service Corporation