Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Creating a central page for a series of events

Posted 04-07-2020 17:26
    Hi there - I have a problem that's come up even more often now that we're moving towards virtual events. Many of our organization's events are part of a series, and clients are asking if there's an easy way to set up a landing page for the series at large and host the individual events from there.

My initial idea was to create a basic event that acts as the landing page and have sessions act as the events themselves. The problem with this is two-fold: 
    1. The entirety of the series must be publish-able by the time the first event is open for registration. I'll need to allow guests to register for any of the series from the get-go, so everything must be set in advance.
    2. It's a bit cumbersome for registrants to edit their registration should they need to unregister from certain sessions or check up on what they're registered for. (I know they can just use their confirmation number, but we've had a big issue with communicating this process effectively in the past). 

Any ideas or anything that's worked well for you in the past? Thanks in advance!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ExecutingStrategicMeetingsManagement

------------------------------
    Alex Thorne
    Events Marketing and Audience Engagement
    U.S. Chamber of Commerce

• 2.  RE: Creating a central page for a series of events

Posted 04-13-2020 09:05
    Hi Alex,

I hope you are well. I have a few ideas that I wanted to share:
    • As you already outlined, you can utilize an "Umbrella Event" structure and set up one overall Cvent event, with either the Admission Items or Sessions acting as the individual events. This allows for an easy initial selection process/only entering their contact details once/one landing page & website. However, it would require the registrant to modify their registration if they need to make any changes. You would also need to review how you utilize Event Emails compared to Session Emails.
    • If available on your account, you can utilize the Event Calendar feature. The calendar has it's own weblink and own design/customization options, and then you can simply link out to the individual Cvent events. Take a look at this article here for more insight. 
    • Create one Cvent event to act as the "landing page," but remove the Register button and any option to access registration otherwise. Then, utilize the Summary page or other custom webpages to add the links to the individual Cvent events. 

Let me know any thoughts/questions!

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent