Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Email Template Issues

Posted 01-13-2020 12:16
    I have gone through the pain staking effort of creating email templates in the Library and when I select to use them within an event it is only letting me edit them in HTML code and not the Design Builder.  I can not figure out why this is all of a sudden happening or how to stop it.  I am not creating them in Code view so I don't know why it won't let me edit them in design view within the event.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Jennifer Saltzman

• 2.  RE: Email Template Issues

Posted 01-16-2020 09:48
    Hi Jennifer,

I hope you are well, and thank you for your post! Currently, you can create Email Templates within Admin, however when adding them to a Flex event they will only be code-based emails. You cannot save a Flex email as a template as of now. This will be updated in the future as our Product team continues to work towards Feature Complete status! 

Therefore, I would suggest either planning to work only in HTML if you are pulling from Admin, or instead designing the emails directly in the Flex event and duplicating as needed. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Email Template Issues

Posted 01-04-2021 09:44

Hi @Danielle Czark

It's been almost a year since this post - is there any update on when we'll be able to use Flex functionality with email templates?

If that's not on the horizon yet, is there a way to easily copy emails from one Flex event to another so we can use work we've done across multiple events since templates just aren't at the Flex level yet? 

Jen O'Toole
    Strategic Communications Partner, Advisor Experience at Manulife
    The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company("Manulife")

• 4.  RE: Email Template Issues

User Group Member
    Posted 01-04-2021 13:16
    Hi, I would love to know as well if it is on the road map to have email templates for Flex.  The question Library as well.  Thank you and Happy New Year!

~
    Jo Anna Chapin
    Meetings & Events Registration Lead
    Accenture

• 5.  RE: Email Template Issues

Posted 01-04-2021 13:36
    Hi Jen and Jo Anna,

Happy New Year to you both! :) 

I checked in with a Product Manager who confirmed they are evaluating this function, however there are not specific timelines.

To work through this in the meantime, I have seen others use Event Templates and/or duplicate existing events with their designed emails ready to go. Using Event Templates allows you to carry over not only emails, but also any website design and overall features/settings. 

@Jo Anna Chapin - Question Library is currently slated for Q1, so we are hoping to see this rolled out in the next few months! We should have a better idea of timing in Q1 once our teams work through some initial 2021 planning. 

Please let me know any questions!

Best,

Danni​

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 6.  RE: Email Template Issues

User Group Member
    Posted 01-04-2021 13:44

Hi,
    Thank you for your quick response.  I do have event templates with everything enabled and ready with emails but if someone creates and event and determines later they need sessions enabled, they need to build out all of the session email content and branding.  The library was helpful for consistency and time. 

I am thrilled about the question library.  That will save so much time. 

Thank you again!

~
    Jo Anna Chapin
    Meetings & Events Registration Lead
    Accenture

• 7.  RE: Email Template Issues

Posted 02-10-2023 14:42

Its been a year since this has been addressed.  Is there any timeline for having the Design builder emails useable as templates?  You'd think this would be a essential part of the Flex plan.

Terri Sawchuk
    Owner
    Progress SeminarsCanada

• 8.  RE: Email Template Issues

User Group Member
    Posted 02-11-2023 18:08

I agree! This needs to be done! I also have 2 other suggestions for emails:

1. There should be a way to copy the Header & Footer so that you don't have to recreate new ones when you need multiple versions.
    2. There should be a way to delete emails that are not needed for a specific event. For instance, I have an event that I had to create extra emails for. I needed to copy the entire event for another event and I didn't want all of those extra emails included in the list as it just muddied the waters of that page, but I couldn't delete them, I just had to turn them off. Furthermore, when you get into the Email Designer, it doesn't tell you which emails are turned on/off.

Michelle Ebright
    Event Technology Coordinator
    Alliance Defending Freedom