Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Volume discounts across admission items

Posted 02-21-2020 12:30
    Hello! 

I am trying to set up a volume discount for our event. The event is two days and attendees can register for days separately or together. To allow for this I set up three admission items as shown: 

I have been testing the group registrations and found that the volume discount only applies when the same admission item is selected for all attendees.

Does anyone know how to: 
    1. Change this so that the volume discount applies across different admission items?
    2. OR update the day selection in a more effective way to allow for this discount?
    Thanks in advance!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Caitlin Reynolds
    Graphic Design Manager
    Emergenetics International

• 2.  RE: Volume discounts across admission items

Posted 02-26-2020 14:43

Hi Caitlin,

Volume discount only works when invitees register for the same item in bulk/volume. We have received multiple requests from clients where the Volume discount should be applicable to invitees registering in bulk/volume.

Please post this Request/Idea here .

There is no effective way to apply volume discount with this set up. We can probably use registration types as dates and assign same admission item to all invitees. This depends on the other features and touch points within the event.

However, you can contact our customer care team to discuss further.

-----------------------------------
    Brett Sachdeva
    Tech Lead
    Cvent Client Services

• 3.  RE: Volume discounts across admission items

Posted 02-26-2020 16:17
    Thanks Brett! 

One other question... 
    I have it set up so that if a group is registering, the 5th with the same admission item is discounted at 50%. If four people are registered and then a fifth is added at a later time it does not apply the discount. Is that intentional?

Caitlin Reynolds
    Graphic Design Manager

• 4.  RE: Volume discounts across admission items

Community MVP
    Posted 02-27-2020 08:20
    You may need to rethink the math on the "5th registrant is 50% off." Just apply 10% to all the registrations, and that would be 10% times 5 people equating to 50% off one registration. Same result, just doing the application of the discount differently. Think of the discount as being spread across ALL registrants.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 5.  RE: Volume discounts across admission items

Posted 02-27-2020 12:24
    Thanks Brenda! My only concern is that we only want the discount to apply when they have intervals of five registrants, i.e. if a group registers four people, we don't want those four to get a 10% discount, and if they had seven, we would only want the first five to get the discount.

Caitlin Reynolds
    Graphic Design Manager

• 6.  RE: Volume discounts across admission items

Posted 02-27-2020 13:34
      |   view attached

Hi Caitlin,

Volume Discount only works when invitees register together in Volume. This means that if 4 invitees were registered initially and they go back to add 1 more. The volume discount will not kick in. 

This can also be submitted as a feedback in Ideas Tab 

You can set up the volume discount as per the instructions below. The 10% discount will only kick in when invitees register in a bunch of 5(guest/group) and will apply to all 5 when 5th person is added.

We would want the Threshold to be 4
    The setting Once the threshold is exceeded, apply this discount to: Registrants at and before the threshold
    Count the primary registrant towards the threshold: Yes

I would recommend reviewing the set up in Test Mode with the Volume Discount

-----------------------------------
    Brett Sachdeva
    Tech Lead
    Cvent Client Services