Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How do I un-publish a session in events.

Posted 11-24-2019 17:33
    I have created sessions and published them to the event. A few session needed to be cancelled, which I did in the event.  And I removed them from the calendar. But they show up in the Abstract Management section on the side of the calendar and the show up on the session list. When I try to delete them there I receive a message that they have been published and can not be deleted.

How do I unpublish a session?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Eugenia Siedler
    Executive Director
    Alaska Society For Technology In Education

• 2.  RE: How do I un-publish a session in events.

Community MVP
    Posted 12-05-2019 10:23
    Hi Eugenia,
    Begin by selecting your event. Hover over Event Details, and under Agenda Items, click Sessions. Click the name of the session you want to cancel. Hover over Actions, click Cancel Session, then Confirm.

If your event is not in Active status, the session cannot be cancelled. However, if the status is in Pending or Test Mode, you may delete the session instead.

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme McMilllen & Associates

• 3.  RE: How do I un-publish a session in events.

Community MVP
    Posted 12-06-2019 08:47
    One #Cventhack I use is to change the session name, adding "Canceled - " in front of the session name before I cancel it. A few years ago in Cvent Classic I had to cancel sessions, but then could not modify the session name after canceling them. I wanted an easy visual way to see a session had been canceled and not have to dig deep into reporting to see the status of a session to determine that. Hope this helps!​​

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 4.  RE: How do I un-publish a session in events.

Posted 12-06-2019 11:43
    Begin by selecting your event. Hover over Event Details, and under Agenda Items, click Sessions. Click the name of the session you want to cancel. Hover over Actions, click Cancel Session, then Confirm.

Mandy Wittman
    Account Services Manager
    Fox World Travel

• 5.  RE: How do I un-publish a session in events.

Posted 12-07-2019 00:07
      |   view attached
    Cancelling the session in the event does not seem to remove them from the queue list in the Abstract Management calendar. How do remove them from that list? I am attaching a screenshot of the scheduling calendar in the Abstract Management calendar. This is where I want to remove them. They are all cancelled sessions.  They were scheduled and I removed them from the calandar schedule, but they show up along the side and are confusion when I am scheduling more sessions.

Eugenia Siedler
    Executive Director
    Alaska Society For Technology In Education

• 6.  RE: How do I un-publish a session in events.

Posted 12-06-2019 15:48
    You also may want to send out an email to session attendees that it is cancelled, as it will still be on their confirmation emails.

Kim Schechter
    Program and Administrative Manager
    Executive Director Inc.

• 7.  RE: How do I un-publish a session in events.

User Group Member
    Posted 12-10-2019 15:26
    Begin by selecting your event. Hover over Event Details, and under Agenda Items, click Sessions. Click the name of the session you want to cancel. Hover over Actions, click Cancel Session, then Confirm. If you already have people signed up, you will need to hide the session from the agenda. I don't think it will let you cancel completely at that time.

Rebecca Quinn
    Corporate Events Manager
    Transplace Texas, LP