Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  What is an admission item?

Posted 07-19-2019 17:59
    I know this is the most basic question! What is an "admission item"?  I am new to setting up events, and am in the phase where I set this up.   I didn't see a definition. I don't know what I creating/setting up. 

The Help Desk says it is required for every event. (ok).  When I ask what it is they say it's a ticket to enter the event. But that still isn't helpful.  We have registration lists, so I know who is registered?  There is no fee so we don't need proof of payment.  Why do they need a ticket?  What is this ticket?  I asked if it was like a registration confirmation.  They said, no but that it was mandatory that they have a ticket.  Not clear answers.

The last event I set up didn't have this.  I just want to understand what I am creating.  Probably it is so basic my question makes no sense to the help desk.

Can someone here help?  Thank you in advance!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    JaneAllen Wilson
    Director of Training
    North Carolina Victim's Assistance Network

• 2.  RE: What is an admission item?

Posted 07-19-2019 19:40
    I can only explain it as the admission item (or ticket) is the first thing someone selects.
    If you have one admission item, I don't even think they would see it.
    It would be selected by default.

Within the admission item you have optional and included sessions.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: What is an admission item?

Posted 07-19-2019 21:50
    Thank you! It's very nice of you to reply and help!

I figured out that I has accidentally added this feature.  Since I hadn't meant to do so, I didn't understand why I was being prompted to create it and so I was very confused. Anyway, once I realized I made that mistake in set up, I could bypass it! 

Thank you for this information still, as in the future I may have a reason to use that feature.

Happy weekend,

Jane 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

• 4.  RE: What is an admission item?

Posted 07-19-2019 19:42
    It's a registration option.  For instance if you set up a Training and there is no fee you can have an admission item that simply says "Training Registration" and fee is $0.   Attendees have to 'buy' an admission item to create a registration.  What you call it and what you charge is up to you.  If you know the whole list - they all still need to 'buy' an item to create the account so you can pull reports, badge lists, etc.

Tina Lynn Mercardo, CEM
    Director, Meetings & Events
    NAFA Fleet management Association

• 5.  RE: What is an admission item?

Posted 07-23-2019 09:49
    Hi Tina,

I'd recommend reading up a bit on Registration Types VS Registration Paths, and Admission Items. Like others have said, an admission item is your "ticket" to an event and one is created by default with each new Cvent Classic or Flex event.  You can use these data structures to limit visibility, ask a particular audience a question during registration while hiding the question from others, etc. It takes a little while to understand them and know their best uses. ​

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 6.  RE: What is an admission item?

Posted 07-22-2019 08:25
    You would really only use that area if you had to worry about people paying for the event, especially if you had multiple levels of types of fees etc.  All of our events are complimentary for attendees, so we just have one titled "Event registration". Since there's only one, and it's selected for every registration type, the attendees never see it, so it's just an invisible setting that is necessary on even simple events, so that the functionality can be there for the more complex one. Once you set it up once, as long as you don't put a capacity or expiration date on it, and have it set to be applied to all registration types, then if you're copying existing events to create your new ones, you'll never have to worry about touching that area again. 

If you do get into more complicated events, you'd want to peruse the help articles surrounding them a bit more to see how they work, or you can use them for workarounds, like keeping the event open for some registration types but not others.

Kelly Ohlert
    Supervisor Operations, Groups
    Stryker