Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sending emails to accepted registrants - how do I know they'll all be included regardless of which invitation list they're on?

Posted 09-27-2021 04:06
    I want to send an email to all accepted registrants in my event. However, I have multiple invitation lists (because we have several registration types). If I compose a post-registration email on the default invitation list but select the audience as Accepted Registrants and then schedule it to send, will it send to all accepted registrants regardless of which invitation list the registrants are on?

If not, how can I send to ALL accepted registrants without manually sending? I need to send these out before I start work.
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Rebecca Smith
    Communications Manager
    Grantmakers for Education

• 2.  RE: Sending emails to accepted registrants - how do I know they'll all be included regardless of which invitation list they're on?

Community MVP
    Posted 09-27-2021 07:44
    I don't know any other way other than sending to each individual list.
    Default is just a generic list name.

A possible alternative. Is everyone registered for a particular session?
    Then you can send a session email to everyone. If you have guests, you would need to send a separate email to those those with email addresses.

Another workaround if not everyone is registered for the same session.
    Create one. Add everyone to the session. DON'T send a confirmation email.
    Send your session emails. REMOVE everyone from that session WITHOUT a confirmation email.

This all depends, is it easier to duplicate each reg list or create a session?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Sending emails to accepted registrants - how do I know they'll all be included regardless of which invitation list they're on?

Posted 09-27-2021 15:38
    Thank you - I can create a session email since all attendees are registered for our plenaries. That's much easier than creating 5 versions of the same email over a period of 10+ days.

Rebecca Smith
    Communications Manager
    Grantmakers for Education

• 4.  RE: Sending emails to accepted registrants - how do I know they'll all be included regardless of which invitation list they're on?

Community MVP
    Posted 09-27-2021 19:09
    If anyone is registered as a quest, you will need to duplicate the email for them.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America