Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Access Portal permissions

User Group Member
    Posted 05-01-2023 11:36

Hello!

I am new to Cvent and have a user whom I added to an Access Portal and report, but she is not able to access it when the email/link is sent to her. I've played around with everything I can think of - does anyone have any additional solutions or areas to check? Or a "pro tip" that might help me get my user access to the report she needs? 

Thank you in advance!

Andrea

#AccessPortal

------------------------------
    Andrea Rowe
    Embassy Suites uk/coldstreamUnited States

• 2.  RE: Access Portal permissions

Cvent Staff
    Posted 05-02-2023 13:46

Is she a user on the account as well as the access portal? If her user role within your account doesn't allow her to see that event or content, those permissions carry into the access portal as well. Feel free to chat with one of our Product Consultants via customer care so they can take a look at all of your settings! 

Madeline Stalnaker
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Access Portal permissions

Community MVP
    Posted 05-03-2023 08:22

Madeline makes a good point on user permissions (there is a 'portal user' permission unless she has a higher level to get into the back end of Cvent), but here's another silly question: do you have that report set to be available in the portal? If you don't, she won't be able to access it. 

Lori Wildman
    Marketing Director
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.United States

• 4.  RE: Access Portal permissions

User Group Member
    Posted 05-26-2023 12:51

Is it just that she can't click on the link in the email to see it? Have you tried just sending her the direct link to the access portal, and not using the email invitation.

Beth Vriesen.
    Events Registration Administrator
    Associated Bank Corporation