Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Add to calendar tag

Posted 5 days ago
      |   view attached

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with the 'add to calendar' tag in our email design for registration confirmations. Specifically, when I add the 'add to calendar' tag to the email, I can't modify the text that appears inside the event on the calendar.

To clarify: when a participant receives the confirmation email and clicks on the 'add to calendar' link, their calendar opens with the correct date and time, but the description is automatically generated and I am unable to edit it.

Could someone assist me with this problem?

Many thanks,

Carla

#Webinar
    #ManagingEvents
    #ManagingHybridEvents
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Carla de Cristofaro
    Philanthropy Europe AssociationBelgium

• 2.  RE: Add to calendar tag

Posted 5 days ago

Hi Carla,

Hope you are well.

To change the text displaying in the Add to calendar, please go to your event > registration > Registration process > Click on Customize for 'Confirmation' page > Click on 'Add to Calendar' widget on the page. A panel will open on the right hand side. Here, please scroll down and change the text under 'Create your custom description below' text > Publish.

If you wish to display the text that is added within the event description, then under 'Calendar event description' option, select 'Same as event description' and publish the changes.

You can also refer to the below article for your reference : 

Using an Add to Calendar Link == LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Inserting-an-Add-to-Calendar-Link-in-Your-Event

Where do I edit the description that appears when a registrant clicks "Add to Calendar?" == LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Where-do-I-edit-the-description-that-appears-when-a-registrant-clicks-Add-to-Calendar

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent