Open Forum

Β View Only
  • 1.  Adding names after purchasing group registration

Posted 12 days ago

If I've sold a table or multiple tickets for a special event, and the purchaser (registrant) doesn't have their guest names at time of registration, how do I collect the names of the guests in Cvent at a later date so that they are associated with the initial person/company/sale?

My guess is create discount codes and have the purchaser (registrant) distribute to their guests. However I want to make sure there isn't another way to track the guests.

I am new to building Cvent sites and appreciate any assistance 😊

Thank you!

#Registration

------------------------------
    Karen Francis
    Convention Director
    Gulf Publishing

• 2.  RE: Adding names after purchasing group registration

Posted 5 days ago

Hi Karen,

Hope you are well!

If you want to collect the guests names along with the primary at the time of registration and if the primary doesn't have the names, they can add dummy names at the time of registration for the guests and later they can modify the registration and update the names. 

Another option is for the guest widget, you can select the drop down choice instead of the button choice. The drop down choice will give them to select the number of guests they are bringing and will not ask for their names or email addresses.

When they move to the items page, it will just show the guests as 'Guest 1, Guest 2, Guest 3..'. The invitee can select the sessions for the guests and register as they would normally register.

You can also refer to the following article for your reference :

Using Guest Registration == LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Using-Guest-Registration

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent