Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Attendee Hub vs. CrowdCompass

Posted 09-15-2022 15:08
    I have just recently started with Attendee Hub after using Crowd Compass and being impressed with it for the last 4 years!  Unfortunately, my experiences so far with Attendee Hub are that it's not user friendly, it's made for virtual events, you can't just manually add things (Exhibitors), required fields aren't marked as required, the image requirements are too stringent. 

In Attendee Hub I have had to bring every logo into a square power point, resave, resize, save and upload again.  I can't access any of the logos that are in my media files already loaded in Admin from previous years.  I have not one logo that is in the shape of a square.  In Crowd Compass it was upload and go . . . I didn't have to resize, the program had the ability to make it work. 

In Attendee Hub - the logo has to be in a circle shape???  How many circle shape logos are there - just because CVent's can be placed in a circle, doesn't mean that every conference/organization logo can be.  

Since we are not having a virtual event, I want to go back to use Crowd Compass.  Attendee Hub has become too complicated for what we were using it for.  Crowd Compass was user friendly, everyone like it - I'll wait and pass judgment if I ever get over my frustrations with set up. 

Am I the only one that sees it this way??  Am I just so frustrated with trying to get this set up that I don't see the benefits??
    #EventApp-Building/managing

------------------------------
    Angie Mitchell
    Conference Coordinator
    Central Association of Physical Plant Administrators

• 2.  RE: Attendee Hub vs. CrowdCompass

User Group Member
    Posted 09-15-2022 15:15

Hi Angie,

We have also made the switch to AH recently from CC and had a similar less than optimistic start.  Now that I am nearly finished with my app build, I do appreciate the simplicity of having most things sync right from the event build.  I comment here to offer encouragement to stick with it and provide feedback to the development team.  There are some things that need improvement from both front end and back end interfaces to make this a more seamless transition for those of us who want to use the app only for an in-person only event.

One tip that may help for the image restrictions - use Canva online.  You can set your template to the 300x300 image size, copy and paste your logos in and then download a ZIP folder will all of the images. Yes, it's still additional steps but it definitely helped with resizing to fit AH's dimensions.

Heather Darrow
    Conference Coordinator
    Cornell University - Department Of Animal ScienceUnited States

• 3.  RE: Attendee Hub vs. CrowdCompass

Posted 09-23-2022 09:29
    We too have been pushed away from CrowdCompass (which we have been using and was so good...) and have been disappointed with AttendeeHub. Like you said, it really does seem to be built for a certain type of event. The simplicity of CrowdCompass is just not equivalent from our experience thus far. Really disappointed because we were honestly trying so hard to move toward MORE of Cvent (putting our website/app/registration and marketing all through Cvent) and now we find ourselves in a position of thinking differently and continuing to break it apart. The thing I am frustrated with the most is the left to right scrolling and the ability to put any kind of complete menu on the home page. We haven't given completely up but we are really sad.

Advisor 2X
    National Sales Director
    Advisor 2X LLCUnited States