Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Automated 'Add to calendar'

Posted 03-16-2024 17:32

Does anyone know if it is possible to automatically add an event to an attendee's calendar when they register. Or do I have to add the 'Add to calendar' widget and hope that they click on it? We find we have to send an outlook invitation for attendees to accept to add to their calendar and it is doubling up on our work.

#Registration

------------------------------
    Rebecca Bryden
    Clyde & Co LLPUnited Kingdom

• 2.  RE: Automated 'Add to calendar'
    Best Answer

Posted 03-17-2024 10:40

Hello,
    I am 99% sure that this is not possible. We had a look at this in earlier times with Online Booking Tools.
    You need access right to the calendar of that specific person which would mean cvent needs access to calendars of "everyone".

I have seen one workaround on one booking tool where an extra calendar is added per booking - but this is not useful as it creates many calendars.

Hope this helps

Regards Ino 

Ino Ecker
    Head Of Agency Coordination
    Bayer AGGermany

• 3.  RE: Automated 'Add to calendar'

Posted 03-19-2024 09:50

Hi Rebecca,

Ino is correct, this is not possible. You will need to add the Add to Calendar widget either in the confirmation email or you can have it on the confirmation page as well. This will ensure a pop-up appears when the registrant is done registering so they can see it right away and add the event to their calendar.

Thank you! 

Erica Kennedy
    Principal Client Success Manager

• 4.  RE: Automated 'Add to calendar'

Posted 03-21-2024 06:35

Thank you both, I thought that was the case 

Rebecca Bryden
    Clyde & Co LLPUnited Kingdom