Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Automated and hidden answer based on previous questionl

Posted 14 days ago

Hello Cvent Team and Forum,

I would like to have two answers pre-populate and hide based on a registrant's previous answer to a question. These hidden answers are for reporting use only and do not need to show up when the guest is registering. Ideally I'd have a sortable column in my report by Dealership, Dealer Code, and District.

Dealership A has a dealer code of 12345. Dealership A is within District 1. Dealership B has a dealer code of 56789. District B is also a part of District 1. Dealership C has a dealer code of 112131. Dealership C is a part of District 2.

For example:

Question 1= Dealership (guests can select 1 dealership from a dropdown menu)

Question 2= Dealer code (hidden answer that pre-populates based on the previous answer)

Question 3= District (hidden answer that pre-populates based on the previous answer)

I'd settle for simply having the answers pre-populated after answering question 1. Currently, I have Dealership set up as a main question, then Dealer Code and District as sub-level questions that only show one answer (the correct answer) based on the dealership they select. This still requires guests to select the Dealer Code and District answers after they show up.

#Registration

------------------------------
    Jasmine Lemos
    Producer
    Auto Training SolutionsUnited States

• 2.  RE: Automated and hidden answer based on previous questionl

Posted 2 days ago

Hi Jasmine,

After looking into this, you currently have this set up the best way possible with the functionality that exists in the system. There is not a way to have the answers automatically be selected/pre-populate and they will have to select the answer choices. I would recommend that you submit this as an idea within Participate > Product Ideas so that it can be considered for a future enhancement request. 

Julia Plymack
    Senior Customer Success Manager
    Cvent