Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Can I run a report by Session Groups?

Posted 06-10-2022 03:30
    I have attached an image, 

I would like to run a report from CVENT events that breaks down a user's registration by session group.

Session group being the column heading
    Name of the session coming under that heading

Is this possible? Can anyone tell me how?

Thank you
    Chris
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Chris
    IT Officer

• 2.  RE: Can I run a report by Session Groups?
    Best Answer

Community MVP
    Posted 06-10-2022 09:16
    Hi Chris-

Funny thing is I have been asking for this report from Cvent for over 15 years! #comeonCvent #otherregsystemsdothis  

This is currently not a feature which is frustrating because we CAN report on everything else. I have been told by Cvent this is due to me creating the session group--but that reasoning is ridiculous since we create the sessions, admission items, tracks/bundles, etc. which all can be reported on since there is an identifier created for all of these and that is how the reports pull the data.

I would suggest you push your account reps to have this created. The only way this will be added is if there are enough requests and/or a large enough client requires it to be created to either move to or stay with Cvent. 

The only report field that you can run is with all the sessions that they are registered for in one cell. This is not helpful for what you are doing, unless there is a required selection from each session group which would allow you to export to excel and separate the data into columns. The other way to accomplish this would be to use the merge data formula in excel, but you would need to analyze the columns and create the formula each time you export the data. This doesn't work if a selection is not required from every group because you will get blank data. This really would work for simple meetings with a few sessions not complex events. #notefficientatallCvent I am sure there might be a way to write some code for excel that would automatically do this for you, but I don't have that kind of knowledge or the time.

I have a current "idea" in the Ideas section, but would suggest you do the same and submit there as well.​​​​

Lindsay Buchanan
    Meetings Management Consultant
    Intent Strategy Group (A Division of M&IW)
    M +1 262.488.4537
    lbuchanan@meetings-incentives.com

• 3.  RE: Can I run a report by Session Groups?

Community MVP
    Posted 06-10-2022 09:23
    Idea Details - Cvent Community

Lindsay Buchanan
    Meetings Management Consultant
    Intent Strategy Group (A Division of M&IW)
    M +1 262.488.4537
    lbuchanan@meetings-incentives.com

• 4.  RE: Can I run a report by Session Groups?

Cvent Staff
    Posted 06-22-2022 17:35
    Hi Chris, 

Thank you for your request and feedback. Unfortunately this is a limitation directly within the reports of Cvent, but as Lindsay mentioned, "liking" the idea that she posted will bring more visiblity to the need of this functionlity to our product management team. I would also express the team to your Account Team as well. 

There is a report that you can request your Account Team to run titled "Invitees regsitered sessions by session group" which will extract a list of all of hte invitees with sessions that they registered/waitlisted for in an event and indicates whether the sessions are a part of a session group. It might not be fully what you need, but could help you get to your end goal more quickly. 

I hope this helps!

Best,

Lauren Donaghue
    Client Success Manager
    nonea