Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Can Session selection be used to determine Registration Type/Path?

Posted 12-05-2022 16:40
    Hello all, 

Working on a set of events that fall under a few different umbrellas (virtual / in person / residential), each of which has a progressively more complex set of registration form questions.

I saw that it is possible to set the Registration Type and Path based on logic that includes standard and custom contact fields, but my form would ideally base the path on the Sessions that the user selects. Is this possible, or would I just need to show/hide the form questions using individual visibility settings?

Thank you for your help,

Andre
    #AbstractManagement
    #Registration
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Andre Grewe
    The Regents of the University of Michigan(Office of Development)United States

• 2.  RE: Can Session selection be used to determine Registration Type/Path?

Cvent Staff
    Posted 12-07-2022 06:13
    Hi Andre,

Hope you are well!

I understand you are working on an event which will include a different set of audience and you would like the invitee to be routed on a specific path based on their session selection.

Currently, the path can only be based on registration types. Basically, a registration path is present to provide different registration experience to different registration types. Registration type however can be assigned using various methods which you have rightly mentioned above. 

We can create session specific questions which will only populate if the invitee has selected a respective session using the visibility settings.

For e.g., if your form has multiple registration pages. After the Program selection page you add another page with multiple questions. Here, you can choose when the respective question should display. This can be based on agenda items (Admission item or Sessions). Please follow the steps below to review the set-up:

Event > Registration process > Open site designer > Select the page with questions > Click on the respective question > on the right click on 'Show for an agenda item' under visibility settings > select the session > Save > Publish. You can preview this set-up by clicking on the preview button on the event home page. 

With the visibility logic in place if an invitee does not select a specific session they will not be presented with the questions associated with that session. 

Please review the following article to get more insight about limiting the question visibility:

Using Widget Visibility Logic
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Using-Widget-Visibility-Logic?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=question%20visibility%20settings&page=1

We may need to review the entire event set-up once to give you more detailed instructions. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Khushbu Gupta
    Associate Quality Lead - Quality Team

Khushbu Gupta
    CventUnited States