System Admins

View Only
  • 1.  Changing the base currency at admin level

Posted 11-22-2023 11:39

Does anyone know how to change the default currency at the admin level, for budgeting purposes? We run events in 3 different currencies but our company is UK based so for internal purposes we want to see things in GBP. I found this section in the Admin side of Cvent but I can't see a way to swap the 'Base' currency from USD to GBP

------------------------------
    Sarah Maciet
    Event Marketing Manager
    Abcam Plc.United Kingdom

• 2.  RE: Changing the base currency at admin level

Posted 11-22-2023 12:54

Hi Sarah - 

Since this base rate is typically set up at time of implementation, I don't believe that this is a setting that a system admin can change, it probably has to be done from the Cvent side.  You'll want to check with Cvent Support or with your Customer Success Manager.   Changing the base rate will change all the calculations with your other currencies since they will now all calculate off your new "default" base rate.

Just keep in mind that making a change like this could impact some of your historic reporting or historic budgets.  You'll probably want to talk through what that might look like or the implications to your reporting, before you go ahead and make that change.

Hope this helps!

Rebecca Yousif
    Senior Administrator