Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Communicating to people across many events

Posted 15 days ago

I've now run dozens of events and have a good database of clients who have attended them. When I set up the Registration path for each event, I created different role based contact groups. I was advised to set up a new 'dummy' event (which I called 'Communication Cross Events) that I could use as a way of creating emails that I could send at any time to one of the contact groups, and I've set that up. 

I know how to create emails in the event emails section, but I don't know how to add the Contact Group as the audience. The only options I see are Invitees and Registrants or Guests. Because this is a 'dummy' event I won't have any invitees or registrants,

Let me know how you can help!

Sam, Sydney

#Events+

------------------------------
    Sam Bowtell
    Director
    Grow Your AgilityAustralia

• 2.  RE: Communicating to people across many events

Posted 13 days ago

Hi Sam,

Within your event, if you go to Email > Invitation Lists > Click into your default invitation list > List Members > Add Contacts from Address Book > You will see a dropdown where you can change it from All Contact Groups to your specific contact group that you created for this purpose > Check off name to check of everyone's name in that contact group > Add. That will add those contacts in that contact group onto the invitation list within your event and then within Event Emails, when you go to manually send the email, you will see that those contacts pull in to send the email to! 

Julia Plymack
    Senior Client Success Manager
    Cvent