Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Contacts Not Importing

Posted 03-20-2023 15:19

Hello all,

It seems each time that I export our invitation list from our database and import into Cvent, there continually seems to be a problem with the some names not importing into Cvent at all or not to the list I have indicated it should. I realize there sometimes are reasons such as invalid emails, etc and I can run a report to see why they may have been undeliverable. However, when there are invitees who have been attending  our conferences a while and then just randomly drop off what could be the problem? I don't seem to be able to get an answer from customer service as to why this is happening. Anyone else have/had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it? Thanks!

#MeetingsManagement

------------------------------
    Evya Richards, CMP
    Meeting Manager
    The Energy Council

• 2.  RE: Contacts Not Importing

Community MVP
    Posted 03-20-2023 16:50

Don't know the format you are using, but I always use txt. I just seem to have better luck that way.

What does the error report say?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Contacts Not Importing

Posted 03-20-2023 18:39

Hi Steven!

I save in Excel 97 and then import into Cvent. When you export, do you select Text File and it saves .txt as a text document and it the file just looks everything all together, no breaks but I can see all the info its just all together, whereas, in Excel you see all the columns? Sometimes, there are invalid emails and that I do understand why it would skip those addresses; however, I had one the other day that had "Invalid Work State Code" that was crazy because he was in Alabama and the state code is AL. And, a couple of names imported into Cvent, but not into my invitation list. Its just seems to be so inconsistent.

Evya Richards
    Meeting Manager
    The Energy Council

• 4.  RE: Contacts Not Importing

Cvent Staff
    Posted 03-27-2023 15:53

Hi Evya,

Once you're finished importing contacts, you can check the Import Summary report by going to Contacts > Reporting. It will tell you the number of skipped records and you can export the skipped records and there will be an error next to the record letting you know why it was skipped. If someone was skipped, reference this article to see what the error means and how to fix it: Why was my contact skipped?

Next time this happens, I would recommend sharing the excel file with the Customer Care team and having them take a look and they should be able to help troubleshoot why this is happening and provide solutions on how to fix moving forward.

Julia Plymack
    Client Success Manager
    Cvent