Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  What software are event planners using for contracting services?

User Group Member
    Posted 08-16-2022 10:53

Hi everyone,

Our university uses Cvent for the Advancement division and is looking at expanding it to other parts of campus, specifically Conference and Event Services (CES). We host events on our campus which are managed through the CES office. There are contracts that are a part of the event planning process and our CES director is trying to figure out how we could incorporate the contracts into the event planning process in Cvent. Here is her question:

What software are event planners using for contracting services with clients and have you figured out a way to integrate with Cvent so that there is no data entry duplication?

Thanks.

#Creating/ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Susan Haymore
    Senior Business Systems Analyst
    University of Denver

• 2.  RE: What software are event planners using for contracting services?

Cvent Staff
    Posted 08-18-2022 11:37
    Hi Susan,

We do have a feature called a Meeting Request Form that you may be able to use for this. I would recommend reaching out to your Account Manager so you can learn more about it and have a demo of the product so you can see if it would be a good fit. 

Thank you!

Erica Wise
    Senior Client Success Manager

• 3.  RE: What software are event planners using for contracting services?

User Group Member
    Posted 08-18-2022 11:57
    Hi Erica,

Thanks for the information. We are currently using the meeting request form and I wondered about using it for the contracting process. The way our conference and events director explained it, there could be a bit of back and forth with the contract and that is the part I couldn't envision using the MRF. She also keeps a PDF copy of the document since it is a legal document that must be signed by the requestor. I believe we are currently using DocuSign to get the signatures.

We are in discussion with our account manager about the options but wondered what other institutions are doing for this. 

Thanks again,
    Susan

Susan Haymore
    Business Systems Analyst
    University of DenverUnited States

• 4.  RE: What software are event planners using for contracting services?

Cvent Staff
    Posted 08-19-2022 09:49
    Hi @Susan Haymore,

This is an interesting use case. We have a Higher Education group whose members may also be trying to do this or have done so in the past. You could try re-posting there to see if they'd be willing to share their creative solutions or workarounds.

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team
    www.cvent.com

• 5.  RE: What software are event planners using for contracting services?

User Group Member
    Posted 08-19-2022 10:30
    Thanks for the suggestion, Daniel. I've posted the message in that forum.

Susan Haymore
    Business Systems Analyst
    University of DenverUnited States