Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Creating One Registration for two events with crossover

Posted 06-06-2023 22:00

Hi, I am curious if anyone knows the best way to build registration that is essentially two events but one registration site, if attendees want to go to event and the other event they can. For the first event we usually have two admission items/registration rates and if they want to add the second half of the event they would get a discounted rate for the second event.  For the second event we usually have only one admission item/registration rate and if they want to attend the first event they would get a discount to attend the first half.  The registration types/contact types are the same for both events, I just want it to be clear as to what they are choosing and if I should use registration paths/sessions/session groups or if anyone has experience doing something like this?

#Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Nicole DeStefano
    Marketing & Event Operations Director
    Revista
    United States

• 2.  RE: Creating One Registration for two events with crossover

Posted 06-07-2023 08:20

Hi Nicole,

Typically, we will create specific admission items for each event and price them accordingly.

For example:

Event A

Event A

Event A & B

Since you have 2 admission items for event A, you might be able to do:

Event A1

Event A2

Event A combined

Event B

Event A1 & B

Event A2 & B

Full Event (A&B)

Then you can allocate sessions appropriately

Hope this helps,
    Lynn

Lynn Kijowski
    Sr. Mgr., Event Operations
    IEEE

• 3.  RE: Creating One Registration for two events with crossover

Posted 06-07-2023 13:14

Out of curiosity, are the two events close together in timing?  So one event one week and the other event the following week, or something like that?  I have seen the fallout of a single event being created for two different events (the same event, one in person and one virtual) that happened several months apart, and the backend management of the event got very convoluted.  By the time we got to the end of the second event occurrence, we decided it would have been better to keep the events completely separate in order to better control and manage emails, reports, etc.  

I like Lynn's solution of using multiple admission items if your events are going to be back to back.  If the events are going to be completely separate, I wonder if you'd be able to accomplish what you're trying to do with discount codes.  If you register for Event A, at the end of the registration process, you can include a link to register for Event B with a discount code that would give half off the registration fee.  And vice versa, at the end of Event B, link back to Event A with a discount code.

I'd love to hear how you end up executing your event!

Jess Olcott
    Training Program Coordinator
    ETC, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Creating One Registration for two events with crossover

Posted 06-07-2023 14:27

Hi, Basically its like this.

First Event February 26-28

Second Event February 28-29

Day One, Day Two (Event A) 

Day Three  (Event A + Event B)