Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  CVENT Survey Question Development Question

User Group Member
    Posted 07-31-2022 19:43
    I am creating a survey for our members. I need to develop a question when the person answers "No" it will then go to a different set of questions. Does anyone know how to do this? 

-David
    #CommunityUserGroups

------------------------------
    David Smith
    Clinical Assistant Professor
    Texas Association Of Vocational Nurse EducatorsUnited States

• 2.  RE: CVENT Survey Question Development Question

Posted 08-02-2022 05:32
    Hi David,

From what I get in what you say:

-You created a survey through the "Surveys" tab in CVENT
    -If so, you should have access to "Survey Designer" (just like "Website & Mail Designer")

Let's say you have your survey created, so your pages are available and you can add as much questions as you want.
    Check the image below and try to get to that spot, then create a parent question. After that, you should be able to click on "Add sub-question"  when you hover over the three dots (please see image below):

When this is done, click on the sub-question and you should have access to "Sub-question logic" settings on the right-hand of your screen. You will now be able to display sub-questions depending on the user choice.

Hope I could help, let me know if it is not clear enough. Feel free to contact me any time if necessary.

Wim BEHAEGEL
    American Express GBT
    Tech & Digital Planner
    wim.behaegel@amexgbt.com

Wim Behaegel
    wim.behaegel@amexgbt.com
    Paris, France
    Tech & Digital Planner, MSD Account
    AMERICAN EXPRESS GBT

• 3.  RE: CVENT Survey Question Development Question

User Group Member
    Posted 08-04-2022 11:51
      |   view attached
    Hello Wim,

This helps tremendously! What if I don't want the questions to show that is not pertaining to the answer "No". They seem to keep showing. 
    As you can see in the picture, if the person answers "No" to a preceptor, they can see the questions below related to a preceptor. I have multiple questions that are not related to a preceptor. Will you please advise on how to do this? I've tried adding more sub-questions but the survey designer wouldn't allow it. 

-David

David Smith
    Clinical Assistant Professor
    Texas Association Of Vocational Nurse EducatorsUnited States

• 4.  RE: CVENT Survey Question Development Question

Posted 08-09-2022 05:58
    Hi David,

Personally, I am pretty new with this tool, so I was only able to use Mail and Website designer in CVENT mostly for now. From what I could see when trying to add a sub-question, I have the same settings on Survey Designer and Website Designer. You should be able to precise for which answer you want the question displayed (please see pictures below), maybe you probably missed this setting and that should be why it is still displayed, scroll down on the right-hand corner of your screen:

My main choice question:

Sub-question for first choice:

Sub-question for second choice:

When you have sub-questions, see it as a tree, and Choice Question is the trunk. If you don't want your sub-question linked to a specific preceptor, I would just make a new Choice Question. For the "How well did the preceptor?" question, it must be a sub-question of the "Have you ever had a clinical experience with a preceptor?" question and you must precise for what answer you want it displayed (in that case "Yes"). Not sure I completely understood what you want to do exactly, let me know if I can further help you on this and I hope you could figure it out by now.

At your disposal,

Wim Behaegel
    wim.behaegel@amexgbt.com
    Paris, France
    Tech & Digital Planner, MSD Account
    AMERICAN EXPRESS GBT

• 5.  RE: CVENT Survey Question Development Question

Posted 08-02-2022 15:18
    Hi David-

You should be able to add a sub-questions. When doing so make sure you set it to only pop up when "no" is selected for the question above. 

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Rathje
    Assoc Events Coordinator

• 6.  RE: CVENT Survey Question Development Question

User Group Member
    Posted 08-03-2022 10:01
    You can create sub questions based on the answer - this is great if you want questions based on "no" or different questions based on "yes" too.

Beth Vriesen
    Events Registration Admin
    Associated Bank Corporation