Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Different VAT for similar budget lines

Posted 08-01-2022 03:47
    Hi all, I hope you are doing well.

Me and are my team are facing an issue each time we are creating our budgets. We have the Data Angel disclaimer that pops-in on many of our events, saying we have duplicate budget items. Why? Because sometimes for lunches and dinners (F&B), VAT tax can vary depending of the restaurant in France. So, my meeting planners need to make two lines for one budget item. Though, the system does not accept two identical lines in budget on the same date (but with different amounts). My question is:

Is it possible to add subcategories so we can make the difference when VAT tax changes?

For now, we just have subcategories Lunch; Dinner; Beverage packs. We would like to have Lunch with 10% VAT, Lunch with 20% VAT, Dinner with 10% VAT, Dinner with 20% VAT.

If you know where I could make this kind of request to CVENT, I would be really glad to learn it please. That would significantly reduce our amount of QC errors. Most of them appears because of this issue.

Hope you will understand, many thanks for your time and help.

Wim BEHAEGEL
    Tech & Digital Planner - American Express GBT
    MSD/Merck Account
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Wim Behaegel
    wim.behaegel@amexgbt.com
    Paris, France
    Tech & Digital Planner, MSD Account
    AMERICAN EXPRESS GBT

• 2.  RE: Different VAT for similar budget lines

User Group Member
    Posted 08-02-2022 16:13
    Hi Wim,
    If I'm undrstanding your needs correctly, I have an idea that may work. Instead of adding the VAT as a completely separate line item, can you add it as a Tax item under the cost details within each budget items. I've included a screen shot of how ours is broken down. It allows for multiple TAX options under one single budget item. I believe you can name them however you like - VAT Tax 1, VAT Tax 2, etc.

For example:

Category: Food & Bev
    Sub Category: Lunch
    Tax: 10%

Gina Allega, CMP
    Senior Program Manager
    BCD M&E