System Admins

View Only
  • 1.  Dynamic Email Text Based on Reg Question

Posted 10-18-2023 09:32

Hi all!

I've been doing a little research on the forums but haven't been able to find an answer to my specific situation.  I'm hoping someone here might know the answer!

I am setting up emails for a virtual event.  For this event, we ship a kit of training materials to each attendee for their use during the event.  One of the registration questions is to confirm whether they would like their equipment kit shipped to their work address.  If they answer no, it triggers a sub-question where they can provide an alternate shipping address.  I'd like to send an event reminder email out a few weeks before the event that reflects their chosen shipping address so they can confirm it.  I know there is a way to dynamically change email text based on things like registration path or consent questions, but I'm struggling to find a way to do that based on a response to a registration question.  If they have selected "yes" for the shipping question, I'd like to list their work address.  If they have selected "no" for the shipping question, I'd like to list the alternate address that they provide in the sub-question.  Is this possible?

Thanks for your help and ideas!!

------------------------------
    Jess Olcott
    Training Program Coordinator
    ETC, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Dynamic Email Text Based on Reg Question

Posted 10-18-2023 13:27

Hi Jess - 

Whether you are starting with a new Email or using an existing email and adjusting it, open up the Email Designer.  From the Build menu on the right side, include the Registration Information widget into the body of your email:

This will pull in information from your Registration Form.  By clicking in the Registration Information box, it will allow you to customize what parts of the registration information you will want to include.  Make sure that the "Display Questions" is toggled on because this  will include the responses (which would bring in the Addresses that you are looking to include):

Here's an article that should also walk you through the process:

https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Using-the-Current-Registration-Data-Tag-or-Registration-Information-Widget?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=registration%20information%20in%20email&page=1

Hope this helps!

Rebecca Yousif
    Senior Administrator - Event Technology

• 3.  RE: Dynamic Email Text Based on Reg Question
    Best Answer

Posted 10-19-2023 11:31

I think I have a solution for you...

You would use the question codes to display certain information in a logic tag. You can't create the logic tag using the widget, however, because the widget only lets you use custom fields and such for conditions. Try using this text and replace the highlighted information below with your own question codes. The example here will give the alternate address if the person answered No to the "work address" question. If they said yes, it returns the contact's primary address.

{%IF: EVALUATE({[C-ANSWER:WorkY/N]}) EQUAL_TO "No" %}{[C-ANSWER:ShipAddress]}{%ELSE%}{[C-CONTACT ADDRESS 1]} {[C-CONTACT ADDRESS 2]}, {[C-CONTACT CITY]}, {[C-CONTACT STATE]} {[C-CONTACT ZIP]}{%ENDIF%}

Karyn Calaway
    Senior System Administrator
    ACTUnited States

• 4.  RE: Dynamic Email Text Based on Reg Question

Posted 10-26-2023 12:01

This is exactly what I was hoping could be done!  Thank you so much!!!  This works perfectly.  :D 

Jess Olcott
    Training Program Coordinator
    ETC, Inc.