Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Edit Attendee Hub Live Polling Live?

Posted 03-02-2023 13:07

Does anyone know if you are able to edit a poll while it is live at an event? We usually do a bracket setup where we are pitting different ideas together, so we would need to be able to pit the winning ideas together live as we are seeing the results of the audience. 

#AttendeeHub

------------------------------
    Kaitlyn Johns
    Events Coordinator
    MasterControlUnited States

• 2.  RE: Edit Attendee Hub Live Polling Live?

Posted 03-06-2023 14:14
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 07-31-2023 15:48

Hi Kaitlyn,

Hope you are well.

I checked about this and you can edit the Poll questions and choices while the event is live. However, editing the question will delete any attendee responses you've already received, and you'll need to re-open the question after editing, if it was previously opened.

You can use Live Display to display the poll results real time to the audience. However, if you make any edits to the questions, the old responses might get affected.

Additionally, you can refer to the following articles for your reference :

Setting Up Live Polling for Attendee Hub = Link : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Setting-Up-Live-Polling-for-Attendee-Hub?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=Polls&page=1

Moderating Live Polls on the Attendee Hub Website and App = Link : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Moderating-Live-Polls-on-the-Attendee-Hub-Website-and-App?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=Polls&page=1

Using Live Display = Link : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Using-Live-Display?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=Polls&page=1

I hope this helps.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Edit Attendee Hub Live Polling Live?

Posted 03-06-2023 15:59

Okay, I guess then my question would be. If we aren't planning on using the live display for this poll, would this affect anything? Also does the results show on the app to the attendees? Or just on the live display?

Kaitlyn Johns
    Events Coordinator
    MasterControlUnited States

• 4.  RE: Edit Attendee Hub Live Polling Live?

Posted 03-07-2023 16:51
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 07-31-2023 15:35

Hi Kaitlyn,

Thank you for replying.

So basically the functionality would remain the same even if you don't use the live display, that is "editing the question will delete any attendee responses you've already received, and you'll need to re-open the question after editing, if it was previously opened.".

Additionally, within the app, the attendees would be able to see real time percentages next to each answer choice, however, they would not be able to see that who opted for which choice.

I hope this helps.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent