Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Embedding Videos into Registration Site

Posted 08-17-2022 08:22
    Hello,
    Can someone tell me the best way to embed a video on to the registration site?
    1. Does this go on the summary page?

#Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Amber Dillard
    Meeting and Events Manager
    Cox Enterprises Inc.United States

• 2.  RE: Embedding Videos into Registration Site
    Best Answer

Cvent Staff
    Posted 08-17-2022 10:30
    Hi Amber, 

You can embed videos into your registration website by followig the bread crumbs below: 

Copy the URL of your Video > Access the Site Desinger > Add the "Video" Widget from the Build menu > Enter in a title of your video, and, if necessary, a description. In the Video URL textbox, paste the video URL you previously copied.

I am also attaching an article HERE that walks you through this process. 

Suzanne Dolan
    Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Embedding Videos into Registration Site

Posted 01-20-2023 11:56
    How do you get a video to play in the header like Cvent does for the Cvent Connet in Vegas's page?

Samantha Guerra
    Events and Administrative Coordinator
    Successful Practices Network /dba National Dropout Prevention CenterUnited States

• 4.  RE: Embedding Videos into Registration Site

Posted 02-13-2024 01:24

We just had this question come up, and this is the way I went about getting a working video header. There's a couple of caveats at the end, and while it's working for me, your mileage may vary. Here's a still of the end result (the video does autoplay and scale correctly):

In your default header, remove the background image and everything but the navigation and make sure you have just a single-column section. Add a code block and place this code in it:

<video id="header_vid" width="100%" height="auto" autoplay muted loop>
        <source src="<your video url here, see below>"  >
    </video>
    <script>
        document.getElementById("header_vid").parentElement.style.overflow = "hidden";
    </script>

Note that the <script> tag code might not be necessary for your purposes, I'm using it to kill a stray but persistent vertical scrollbar on the video in our design. Also, I had to go to theme -> dimensions and set both "Fit to Entire Screen" and "Fit Content to Full Width" to on in order to get the video header to scale the width of the page properly.

Then, you can add another section below it, and add back in any buttons or info you want. 

Some caveats about this approach - you won't be able to layer any elements or information on top of it, so the meeting information has to be "baked" into the video file itself. And because you are using an HTML5 video tag, you won't be able to use YouTube for the video file src  like you would a video block - you'll need to have it hosted somewhere online like a company website or FTP site. In our case, I just used our Wordpress site as a repository for the video file and copied the url from there into the code. In this example, my video file is 1920x800px, other sizes might take some playing with to get right. 

Ultimately, it would be nice to just have a simple video header option in Cvent...but this should work for anyone who wants to try it. I would test it in a dummy event first though, as you may have customizations in your theme that it might interfere with. 

Charles Maynard
    Foundation for Orthopedic Research and EducationUnited States