Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  EU Cvent Report Templates Don't Meet My Needs

Posted 02-14-2024 16:36

I just switched to EU Cvent, and I'm using the Event Management module. I pull reports after the event is done for compliance reporting.

None of the Cross Event report templates meet my needs. In US Cvent I had a report where I could enter the Cvent ID. There is nothing similar in EU Cvent.

The "Invitees and Registrants" template pulls multiple events, which would be fine except it doesn't pull them all. 

In addition, there is a question that I can pull into a report if I'm in the event that is not an option in the Cross Event report. This question has information that is crucial for my work.

Does anyone have any advice they can give me? I can't believe Cvent doesn't have a way to create a report from scratch.

Thank you,

#Reporting

------------------------------
    Carey (my nickname)

Anne Carey
    Manager, Compliance
    For: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH

• 2.  RE: EU Cvent Report Templates Don't Meet My Needs

Posted 02-21-2024 10:49

Hi Anne,

When you say "Cvent ID" do you mean the event code of the event? If so, that is a field that can be pulled into a report, it is titled "Event Code" and you can select it to be pulled in on the "Fields" tab of a cross-event report if it is not in the report by default. If Cvent ID is something custom/internal that you add for each event and not the event code, you can create a custom event field for Cvent ID and input the information for each event and pull that field into reports as well via the Fields tab. This walks you through how to create event custom fields: Using Custom Event Fields.

When you run the "Invitee and Registrants" report, it defaults to pull in events with event start dates in the previous 3 months but if you adjust the date range of the report you can pull in the events that you need for whatever timeframe. Once you run the report, you can make this adjustment on the Selection Criteria tab and adjust the date range field.

As far as the question that you can see on the event level but not the cross event level, make sure that you have given the question a question code in the event and you should be able to pull it into cross-event reports.

The reports that you see on the report templates tab are standard pre-set templates, but once you run those reports, you can click on the Fields tab, you can add in additional fields to the report that aren't there by default and customize the report to make it your own. Your Guide to Running Reports in Cvent walks you through how to run, edit, filter, group and customize the existing reports further. 

Julia Plymack
    Senior Client Success Manager
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: EU Cvent Report Templates Don't Meet My Needs

Posted 03-20-2024 11:22

Hi Julia,

I apologize for the delay in responding. 

What I was hoping for was the ability to enter the code before running the report so I would get a report for only that event.

However, I did run one for current year that listed many programs, but not all events were there. All available choices in the selection criteria were checked.

Another problem I had was changing the order of the fields. When I go into that section where I changed it (Edit in the filter section) it shows the order I wanted, but when I run the report it still has everything in the haphazard order it was originally in when I was looking for fields and chose them as I saw them.

Thank you - and any community members - for any help you can give.

Carey (my nickname)

Anne Carey
    Manager, Compliance
    For: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH

• 4.  RE: EU Cvent Report Templates Don't Meet My Needs
    Best Answer

Posted 03-20-2024 11:53

Hi Anne,

You can add in the event code prior to running the report by clicking on the pencil icon next to the report name that says "edit settings before running" when you hover over it and click on the "add advanced criteria" button at the bottom of the page and select event code as the field, operator equals and the type in the value and save and run. That is how you can run the report for one event code. Adding Advanced Criteria to Reports walks through this process. Although, if you are running the report for just one event, you can also run that report directly within that event itself vs. on the cross-event level and then you wouldn't have to worry about entering in the event code beforehand. 

After you change the order of the fields, you have to press "update" at the bottom for it to actually update the order of the fields in the report and then you will need to save it to your saved reports in order to make sure that the order you set stays for when you run it in the future. Customizing Your Report Widgets

If you're able to, I would recommend calling into our 24/7 Customer Care team to walk through this further via a call and they can guide you through how to add the advanced criteria for event code, make sure all your applicable events are pulling in and ordering the fields!

Julia Plymack
    Senior Client Success Manager
    Cvent