Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Event technology trends to watch out for!

• 1.  Event technology trends to watch out for!

Cvent Staff
    Posted 07-11-2022 13:37
    Hi all, let's start Monday with our next edition of the Huddle of the Week post!

As planners and marketers, we are always eyeing the latest event technologies to upgrade our events. Amidst a pool of emerging event technologies, selecting the most valuable ones can help you increase engagement and deliver desired event experience. Here's a sneak peek into the event technology innovations that are in the talks for 2022!
    • Innovative Screens: There is increasing use of 'Foldable Screens', especially in the B2B event space. However, the technology involved will continue to advance. These screens can be as thin as pieces of paper and so lightweight that they can be hung like posters. Additionally, 3D screens that don't require the use of pesky glasses will enhance the attendee experience and bring your event to life.
    • Green Technology: Sustainable event planning and execution have become one of the most important priorities today. There is no surprise that the adoption of green technology will only increase in the coming years. Some of the incredible innovations discussed at Cvent CONNECT 2022 were ideas like biohybrid buildings, which have algae panels that clean the air and power the building. This could be the future of event venues!
    • Virtual Event Technology: The wide availability of virtual-specific tech can elevate your next event. For example, we may have artificial intelligence acting as our MCs in the future. A lot of planners have started to bridge the gap between the virtual and in-person audience by using digital screens at in-person events. This helps the presenter to also interact and connect with the virtual audience.

Question for you:
    • Which event technology trend do you see gaining momentum in coming years?

Event technologies are ever-evolving and there is so much to explore and learn. Share what's on your mind in the comment section below and let your opinions shape this discussion post! #HuddleoftheWeek #VoiceIt
    ​​
    #ManagingOn-site
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Ridhima Krishan
    Sr. Associate, Customer Marketing
    Cvent

• 2.  RE: Event technology trends to watch out for!

User Group Member
    Posted 07-12-2022 09:57
    • Innovative Screens: I don't see foldable screens in the very near future for a majority of events. My assumption is that the cost will be quite high for vendors to purchase these - if they have them, the pass-through cost to the planner will be far beyond our budgets. I see this changing further into the future, but not anytime soon. 
    • Green Technology: I see this happening already and think it will continue to grow! More venues are using solar panels or rooftop gardens to help with heating and cooling costs, and I only see this happening more and more, as is economically feasible. 
    • Virtual Event Technology: I think certain parts of this will gain traction in the near future. We are already seeing so much virtual event tech with apps and unique hybrid meetings. I think some of the AI will take some time to fully catch on. Both because attendees are not fully ready and because of the cost. Certain companies (tech, etc.) will probably embrace this first and be the forerunners in trying out some of these new ideas.

Gina Allega, CMP
    Senior Program Manager
    BCD M&E

• 3.  RE: Event technology trends to watch out for!

User Group Member
    Posted 07-12-2022 10:10
    • Which event technology trend do you see gaining momentum in coming years? I think the increase of green technology will definitely go up.  Just small things like recyclable name badge holders, QR codes for menus and maps etc. Everything in the app! I would love to see more beacon check in - such as walking into a room to be checked in vs. scanned. 

Beth Vriesen
    Events Registration Admin
    Associated Bank Corporation

• 4.  RE: Event technology trends to watch out for!

Community MVP
    Posted 07-12-2022 16:54
    I definitely see the future with regard to green technology as well as virtual technology. Beacons seem to have really taken off; and the upcoming HubSpot conference is doing away with throw-away wristbands in lieu of reusable "wristband" technology instead.

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Operations Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.United States

• 5.  RE: Event technology trends to watch out for!

User Group Member
    Posted 07-12-2022 16:57
    Thanks for posting this one! Would love to see examples of current trends (including screens) you posted. 
    • Which event technology trend do you see gaining momentum in coming years? RFID tracking

Rebecca Quinn
    Corporate Events Manager
    Transplace Texas, LPUnited States

• 6.  RE: Event technology trends to watch out for!

Posted 07-13-2022 11:43
    I agree with the others who said green technology.  I think everything from sustainable venues, the ability to recycle conference materials (namebadge holders, printed materials, etc.), beacon check-ins, will continue to grow with popularity.

Amy Zientek
    Director Of Sales
    Visit Lubbock The Convention and Visitors BureauUnited States

• 7.  RE: Event technology trends to watch out for!

Posted 07-14-2022 06:31
    • Which event technology trend do you see gaining momentum in coming years? I think that green technology is going to explode on the screen and begin to gain traction. Sustainable solutions are cropping up in all industries, and innovators will look to the lucrative events market to introduce technology that revolutionizes the field.  

Bouran Qaddumi
    Sr. Manager, Training
    Church's Chicken

• 8.  RE: Event technology trends to watch out for!

User Group Member
    Posted 07-14-2022 11:13
    I'm hoping to see a lot more innovative technology. The AI emcee is definitely intriguing, I'd love to see some examples of that -- but also using Alexa hubs to ask questions instead of having staff stand around to take queries, moving everything digitally around agenda and conference information, more interactive and touch screens so people can choose what they see as they walk around and how to engage.

Rachel
    NJ

• 9.  RE: Event technology trends to watch out for!

Posted 07-15-2022 21:19
    Definitely green technology - everything from sustainable venues, conference materials (namebadge holders, printed materials, etc.) recycling, and beacon check-ins, will continue to grow and evolve.

Erin Thompson
    Area Director of Sales
    Washington Duke Inn & Golf ClubUnited States

• 10.  RE: Event technology trends to watch out for!

Community MVP
    Posted 07-22-2022 10:23
    • Which event technology trend do you see gaining momentum in coming years? Virtual Event Technology will continue to grow and evolve.  In person events  will continue and will include virtual options.   

Colleen Beck
    Director of Sales & Marketing
    The Westin Tampa Bay

• 11.  RE: Event technology trends to watch out for!

Posted 07-27-2022 16:00
    I definitely see virtual event technology evolving and believe it will continue. While this may take some time, we'll slowly start seeing more AI incorporated in virtual events.

Elizabeth Rathje
    Assoc Events Coordinator

• 12.  RE: Event technology trends to watch out for!

User Group Member
    Posted 07-28-2022 13:28
    I expect green technology will gain momentum in the coming years. We've already seen it, but it will continue to grow for sure.

Cassandre Therrien
    Technology Coordinator - Groups, Meetings and Events
    Les Voyages Laurier Du Vallon