Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Event Voucher

Posted 03-09-2023 12:51

I've been asked to incorporate a "Referral Code" into my company's events. I'm thinking the Event Voucher feature/field would be the best way to do this. I've never used the Voucher feature/field before. Looking for feedback from the community if they think this is the best way to go about it. Basically, if it's applicable, I want someone to be able to say which dept. they were referred by (Outside Sales, Inside Sales, Field Service). It may not always be applicable, but it needs to be in each event build just in case. Then later I can run a voucher (aka referral) report. Am I on the right track? Thank you!

#Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Karen Warzecha
    Director, Company Programs
    BiolaseUnited States

• 2.  RE: Event Voucher

Posted 03-10-2023 09:11

I am fairly new to Cvent, but I have used the Voucher Code field before.  The drawback is that once you enable the Voucher Code widget in your registration process, a code is required in order to register.  So, if someone doesn't have a referral code, they won't be able to register.  It sounds like an additional question might be the better way to go in your situation.  You can create a question with an open text box answer field or a drop down with pre-determined answers and leave it as not required or update it to be a required question as your event needs.  You can then run a detailed report with answers to your registration questions, export to Excel, and filter the data to pull the information that you need.

Jess Olcott
    Training Program Coordinator
    ETC, Inc.