Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Group Registration & Acknowledgement of Terms & Conditions for Event

Posted 19 days ago

We are struggling with how to enforce the acknowledgement of T&C when using Group Registration. If a single person (acting as the primary registrant) is registering a group of individuals, only the primary must acknowledge the T&C statement during registration. How can we enforce the T&C if the other members of the group never had to read or acknowledge? 

We moved away from group registration in order to be able to enforce the acknowledgement by each individual registrant. However, we would like to provide a volume discount for our next event and would need to allow group registration in order to make this happen automatically. 

Any tips & tricks or insight on how others are handling this would be greatly appreciated!

#Registration

------------------------------
    Jennifer Bower
    WSIPC

• 2.  RE: Group Registration & Acknowledgement of Terms & Conditions for Event

Posted 17 days ago

Hi Jennifer,

Hope you are well!

I reviewed your query and as of now there is no direct way of letting the group members go through and acknowledge the Terms & Conditions separately while the group member is registering for them. As of now, the group member will acknowledge the Terms & Conditions for all the group members while registering them in the group for the event.  However, I do have an alternative that you can use :

You can create a separate registration type for the group members and keep the Terms & Conditions as is in the event. Once the group is registered, you can create a survey in the event with a choice question and add the Terms & Conditions  text within the question text and keep only one choice and keep the survey setting as available to registrants. Remove all the other default survey questions and publish it.

Then, create an email with advanced filter using 'Registration Type' and select the group registration type and within the email content, add the link/data tag to the survey and rename it something like, click here to read and acknowledge the Terms & Conditions. And send it to the group members. Once you have received the responses and you would want to create a feedback survey in the event, simply hide the Terms & Conditions  question you created so that it is hidden in the survey and the responses are available within the event as well and are not deleted. You can then run the 'General Feedback Details' report to gather the responses of the Terms & Conditions by the group members.

I understand your perspective and apologize for any inconvenience. But, it sounds like a great feedback. I suggest you to post this as an Idea/feedback for our product team by going to Cvent Community > Participate > Product Ideas.  We encourage you to always submit your ideas or any challenges you face while working with the product. As it also help our Product Development team to review the possibilities and if it works we may try to incorporate such changes in our future releases. 

You can also refer to the following articles for your reference :

Adding Registration Types == LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Adding-Registration-Types

Setting Up the Event Feedback Survey == LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Setting-Up-the-Event-Feedback-Survey

Sending Different Versions of a Single Email== LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Sending-Different-Versions-of-a-Single-Email

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Group Registration & Acknowledgement of Terms & Conditions for Event

Posted 12 days ago

Raashi,

I appreciate the suggested workaround and especially all of the detail you provided. I am not sure this would work for our purposes, but it is good to know we could at least have this in our back pocket if we can find no other way to manage this. I will definitely add this issue to the Product Ideas page for consideration. 

Thank you!

Jennifer Bower
    WSIPC

• 4.  RE: Group Registration & Acknowledgement of Terms & Conditions for Event

Posted 12 days ago

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your response.

I too will try to find out any other alternative we can use for this and will update you by tomorrow.

Have a great week ahead!

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: Group Registration & Acknowledgement of Terms & Conditions for Event

Posted 11 days ago

Hi Jennifer,

Hope you are well!

I tried to look for another alternative but the second alternative again is a bit tricky and a lot of work. 

For this, you can create a separate registration type for the group members and associate this registration type to a separate path with no T&C added. Once all the groups have registered, you can add the T&C to the Group member path and send an email to the group members to login to their registration > modify their registration and agree the T&C.

As you already have added this as an idea, we hope the product team might take it up and review the possibilities and if it works we may try to incorporate such changes in our future releases. 

I hope this helps. Do let me know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent