Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How to add form for prospective attendees to get event updates?

User Group Member
    Posted 05-25-2023 09:02

My company has just concluded our first event using Cvent, and we've already scheduled the following event for next year. We'd love to have interested people sign up for notifications from us regarding details of that event and for when registration opens.

Is there a way to do this in Cvent natively? It looks like there used to be distribution lists that could handle this, but I don't see that option for my Flex site. But then, it seems like most of the interesting functionality is turned off natively and has to be enabled by Cvent support (looking at you, Code Snippets).

My fallback will be to add a Digioh form to our event home page and route the data back into Cvent via Zapier, but I'd really rather not send data out of the system just to bring it back in. Plus, adding that form requires using a code block in the designer, which results in putting a form iframe inside of the code block iframe, which makes a mess of any attempts at responsive design.

I thought of creating a registration path for a Pre-Registration type and associated list, but I want the form on the home page and not as a separate registration page considering this will just be for name, email, and opt-in.

#Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Travis Prebble
    Marketing Operations Manager
    HiroUnited States

• 2.  RE: How to add form for prospective attendees to get event updates?

Community MVP
    Posted 05-25-2023 10:38

My first thought is adding them to a Contact Groups.
    Managing Contact Group

There is also new feature, Using Contact Segmentation that not exactly familar with that may also work.

If you will be sending emails via cvent from your next event, there is a save the date email you can use.
    How do I send a save the date email?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: How to add form for prospective attendees to get event updates?

User Group Member
    Posted 05-25-2023 12:10

So to then bring new contacts in and add them to these groups, do I create a registration path? My main need is the public facing form that will take the contact data.

I did manage to get my Digioh / Zapier / Cvent List solution up and running, and time is of the essence, so we'll be going with that for now.

Travis Prebble
    Marketing Operations Manager
    HiroUnited States