Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How to Delete Canceled Sessions

Posted 14 days ago

I am wanting to delete some canceled sessions. We made optional sessions that really needed to be included sessions. We had someone register for our event, and we saw our error. We quickly canceled the sessions as to not have this happen to any other registrants. Now, we have one person registered for all of the cancelled sessions so Cvent will not let me delete the sessions. Our registrants can not see them on their end, it is just annoying to have to see it on our end. How can we get these deleted? I have tried to modify the guest's registration but since they are canceled I am not able to take them off. Any ideas? 

#ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Shannon McCullagh
    Manager, Client Success, Bei
    Business Enterprise Institute, Inc.United States

• 2.  RE: How to Delete Canceled Sessions

Posted 14 days ago

Hi Shannon - 

You may want to double check with Cvent Support to see if there is anything else you can do to delete the sessions, but based on this article, it does appear that the optional sessions can no longer be deleted if anyone has registered for them:

https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Can-I-delete-an-optional-session?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=delete%20cancelled%20session

If you can't delete them but want to push them to the bottom of the session list, you may want to mark them with a "Do not Use" in the name of the session (to help avoid confusion with the legitimate sessions) and you may want to change the session date and time to be after your last session, that way they appear at the bottom of the list (and it won't matter because the registrants can't see it but it will looker cleaner on the planner side).

Hope this helps!

Becky Yousif
    Senior Administrator - Event Technology

• 3.  RE: How to Delete Canceled Sessions

Posted 12 days ago

Hi Shannon,

As Becky mentioned, once someone has registered for an optional session, even though it has since been cancelled, you can no longer delete it from the system. 

Julia Plymack
    Senior Customer Success Manager
    Cvent