Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Language Management - Words are translating that should not be (ie Names)

• 1.  Language Management - Words are translating that should not be (ie Names)

User Group Member
    Posted 09-27-2022 10:55
    Hello,
    I am having an issue where people who use language add-ons are finding that the content that is already translated using Language Management is translating again and picking words that should not be translated. For example - someone's last name is Blume, which in German is Flower. So when their last name pops up their browser is writing "Flower" as their last name. There should be a way to choose words that don't get translated automatically from these add-ons.

Using HTML's translate attribute 

Any recommendations? Does Cvent have this, or am I able to write HTML code myself to stop this from happening?

#ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Lisa Chazanovitz
    Operations Manager
    Special OlympicsUnited States

• 2.  RE: Language Management - Words are translating that should not be (ie Names)

Cvent Staff
    Posted 09-27-2022 16:38
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 01-18-2024 14:13

Hi Lisa,

Hope you are well!

We might have to check in detail what is causing this issue.

I request you to please open a case with our support teams (US & Canada) > Press 1 for Event could > Press 1 for Setting Up Event > Press1 for Events > Press 1 again for Managing Event or submit a case from the 'Community' section, as this might require some troubleshooting.

Once you contact the support team, please keep your Account name and Event name ready along with the issue you are facing and you will receive assistance right away. 

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent