Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Meeting Request Form Approvals

Posted 24 days ago

My Cvent account reps have mentioned it should be possible to set up Access Portal so non-account holders who are designated approvers can access a "Dashboard" of sorts. This Dashboard would allow the approvers to see all the Meeting Request Forms pending their approval and they would be able to approve or deny them all from the same Dashboard. Has anyone heard of this functionality and knows how to set it up? My reps are being a little close-lipped about it and I suspect they want us to spend more money on an implementation team to assist us rather than just directing us to guides or articles.

#AccessPortal

------------------------------
    Paul Wheatley
    Application Support Analyst
    Citi

• 2.  RE: Meeting Request Form Approvals

Posted 23 days ago

Hi Paul,

To learn more about the functionality of the Access Portal and how to set it up, I recommend checking out the Access Portal Learning Center. There, you can find guides and articles that provide step-by-step instructions and help you understand the process. I hope this helps!

Megan Clark
    Assistant Team Lead, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Meeting Request Form Approvals

Posted 18 days ago

Hi Megan,

The Access Portal Learning Center was my first stop, however, I could not find any information which included having a means for approvers to have a central area to view and/or approve/decline all of the meeting requests which are pending their approval. If there is any way you can direct me to the exact article I need to read, that would be much appreciated.

Paul Wheatley

Paul Byron Wheatley
    Citibank, N.A.United States

• 4.  RE: Meeting Request Form Approvals

Posted 16 days ago

Hi Paul,

I believe what you are looking for is in this article, Creating an Access Portal or Public Website. Scroll down to the Managing your Portal Users section.

This article might also interest you: Adding a New Meeting Request Form-Sharing Your Form.

I hope this helps!

Megan Clark
    Assistant Team Lead, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: Meeting Request Form Approvals

Posted 13 days ago

Hi Megan,

I believe our company's case is very unique and therefore none of the articles on the Community meet our needs. If you read through the article you mentioned, you would see it does not cover our use case. Cvent Support also commented on the Case I opened that they do not believe what we are trying to do can be accomplished.

Paul Byron Wheatley

• 6.  RE: Meeting Request Form Approvals

Posted 12 days ago

Hi Paul -

Access Portals does have the capability to publish reports and to allow non-Cvent users to access these reports.  They can even have links directly to the meeting request forms (although they may need visibility access to actually reach those MRFs).  I would imagine if the report was customized specifically for each approver, that they could essentially have a report of all events that are "pending their approval" and that they need to review and approve.

Although I haven't seen the ability to approve directly through those reports,  it may be possible, but that may require something being turned on from the Cvent side.  There are some capabilities that system admins can configure but there are a number of functionalities that must be "switched on" from the Cvent side to get it to work.  If you have a customer success manager, that would be a great use case to discuss with them.

Hope this helps!

Becky Yousif
    Senior Administrator - Event Technology

• 7.  RE: Meeting Request Form Approvals

Posted 11 days ago

Hi Paul, we have something similar to what I think you are looking for.  The Portal itself shows all the MRFs submitted and current status which is helpful to the requester who submitted it.  As for the approvals - the only way I've seen this work is via use of the automated approvals within the workflow.  Non-Users receive the email to approve or decline, but wouldn't have visibility to the portal unless you created specific portal user access with visibility rights.  Regardless, they would have to approve via the email, not via the site, unless I'm not aware of enhancements.

Nicole Valach
    System Administrator
    Abbott LaboratoriesUnited States

• 8.  RE: Meeting Request Form Approvals

Posted 10 days ago

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your reply. The process you described is the standard one and the one we are currently using, however, I was just looking for an alternative since some of our approvers are high up in the organization and don't want to be bothered with tracking down multiple emails. They would rather have one central place where all their pending approvals are stored.

Paul Byron Wheatley