Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Moving participant from "waitlisted" to approved

Posted 11-23-2022 12:35
    Hello,

I have a Virtual event that I am hosting.  I have 20 approved and 60 waitlisted.  For whatever reason I can't move waitlisted to approved, it returns an error message:
    "At least one selected registrant is not in Pending Approval status".  Any suggestions??????
    #Registration

------------------------------
    Marco Wood
    Wounded Warrior Project United States

• 2.  RE: Moving participant from "waitlisted" to approved

Cvent Staff
    Posted 11-29-2022 09:11
    Edited by Daniel Marotta 07-31-2023 08:54

Hi Marco!

I'd recommend following the steps listed out in this Community article to approve pending registrations: Approving or Denying Registrations

Sydney Langer
    CSA
    Cvent Instant Book for Cvent.comUnited States

• 3.  RE: Moving participant from "waitlisted" to approved

User Group Member
    Posted 11-29-2022 10:34
    One thing I have learned over the years doing the waitlisted option is to ask all the same questions, so there is very little updating that needs to happen when they are moved over to registered. If they don't have to go back in to modify anything, it makes the user experience much better.

Beth Vriesen
    Events Registration Admin
    Associated Bank Corporation

• 4.  RE: Moving participant from "waitlisted" to approved

Cvent Staff
    Posted 11-30-2022 09:36
    Hi Marco,

Hope you are well.

Please note that you can approve only those invitees whose registrations are in pending approval status. 

Waitlisted invitees are not yet registered for the event and are on waitlist so that once the spot opens in the event, they can then are notified about the open spot and they then register for the event.

If the event capacity is met for your event, you would need to first increase the event capacity and then send these waitlisted invitees the Waitlist Notification email to these waitlisted invitees by going to the event > event emails > Waitlist Notification email.

Once these invitees will register for the event, they will go under 'pending approval' status as your event has 'Registration Approval' feature enabled. Once this is done, then you will be able to change their status to 'Approved' status.

You can also refer to the following articles :

Managing Waitlisted Invitees -- Link: https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Managing-Waitlisted-Invitees

Approving or Denying Registrations -- Link: https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Approving-or-Denying-Registrations?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=pending%20approval&page=2

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent