Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple hotels back to back

Posted 24 days ago

I have a group where there is a Main trip and then an Extension trip.  If the passengers choose Main trip only, i don't have any issues with setting up the hotel and default dates.  The issue when the passengers are going on the Extension trip.  Cvent Help desk had me setup special rules and it wasn't working correctly.  It keeps defaulting to the beginning hotel date for 1st hotel and then the last date for the 2nd hotel.

Is there a simple way to go about this?  The registration types are: Single Room-Main & Ext, Single Room-No Ext, Double Room-Main & Ext, Double Room-No Ext

Thanks

Steven

#MeetingsManagement
    #ManagingRoomBlocks

------------------------------
    Steven Schwartz
    Director, MIS
    Achievement Incentives & Meetings CorpUnited States

• 2.  RE: Multiple hotels back to back

Posted 17 days ago

Hi Steven,

Hope you are well!

When creating advanced rules for hotels, you need to add the dates as you would want the invitees to select when selecting the hotel. For example: If my hotel default check in and check out dates are May 25th to May 30th and I am allowing shoulder dates upto 3 days for check in and check out. I want my invitees to be able to check in earliest as May 22nd and check out latest by June 3rd then the following should be the dates selected within the advanced rule :

Earliest Arrival Date = May 22nd

Latest Arrival Date = May 25th

Default Check-In Date = May 25th

Default Check-Out Date = May 30th

Earliest Departure Date = May 30th

Latest Departure Date = June 3rd

If you do not want to allow any extension after this then select Allow shoulder dates: No

Then select the item and the registration types this rule will be applicable to.

You can also refer to the following article for your reference : 

Working with Advanced Rules = LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Creating-Advanced-Rules

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Multiple hotels back to back

Posted 12 days ago

I'm not having an issue with the first hotel and their dates.  The problem is the 2nd hotel shows up with the following screenshot.  The hotel says it is unavailable on these dates.  I have Oct 30-Nov 2 as 2nd hotel dates.

screenshot

Steven Schwartz
    Director, MIS
    Achievement Incentives & Meetings CorpUnited States

• 4.  RE: Multiple hotels back to back

Posted 10 days ago

Hi Steven,

Thank you for elaborating on the query.

I checked the event and the Earliest Check-In Date and Latest Check-Out Date for the 'InterContinental Bordeaux - Le Grand Hotel' is set up as 10/30/2024 and 11/2/2024 and there is no shoulder dates allowed. In the screenshot you provided, the check in date is selected as 10/25/2024 for which this hotel is not available and hence the error.

I tested this in my test event and was able to replicate the error. I then deleted the advance rules in the event and within the hotel request widget in site designer > under Request Set up setting, I selected '2' for 'Maximum number of requests per registrant' setting and publish the changes. This way when selecting the hotel, the invitee will have to first select the dates of the primary hotel check in and check out first and then select the hotel. Once they click on 'Done' they'll see the option of 'Request Another Room' option. The invitee will click on this option and will see the date selection again. This time, they'll have to select the extended dates and then they'll see the second hotel. PFB the screenshots for your reference :

You can add a test at the top of the hotel page informing the invitees to select different dates to see the respective hotel for selection. 

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent