Cvent Beginners User Group

View Only
  • 1.  NON-attendee facing custom contact fields

Posted 12 days ago

Hi all! I just made my first event live (yay!) and have custom fields that I want to track for registered attendees - but its not information I am asking them to provide (rather information I can have loaded into my invitation list). How do I make sure that these custom fields are attached to my paid attendee records?

A little more detail...attendees coming in via invitation list, I am pretty sure I will they will just have these fields - but those who come in via my open registration link might not. I am happy to add the information manually, but how do I make sure those fields are included on the attendee's record if they dont come in via invitation?

------------------------------
    Heather Rubenaker
    Member Programs Manager
    National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (OHI)United States

• 2.  RE: NON-attendee facing custom contact fields

Posted 4 days ago

Hi Heather,

Hope you are well!

If you have imported the values of the custom field for the registrants, you can simply run the 'Registrant Details' report within the event and add the custom field in the report to get the data.

For the people coking in via open link, you can export the list of the registrants later once they have registered and create an excel file with their name, email address and the custom contact field and its values for everyone and import the file in the address book that will update the custom contact field for all the registrants who came in from open link.

The custom contact fields are saved within the invitee's contact record within the address book so these fields will always be available there if you want to manually update the value for any custom field for a few invitees as well. 

You can refer to the following articles for your reference :

Using Custom Contact Fields == LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Using-Custom-Contact-Fields

Importing Event Contacts == LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Importing-Event-Contacts

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent