Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Payment for Optional Activities

User Group Member
    Posted 05-17-2023 21:30

I am wanting to hide the session name from coming up on some of our attendee receipts and instead just want it to say fee or optional activity (not the exact optional activity - golf, spa, etc) does anyone have any solutions or tricks for this? 

#Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Justina Hulen
    Events director
    RSLC

• 2.  RE: Payment for Optional Activities

Cvent Staff
    Posted 05-18-2023 10:51

Hi Justina,
    Could you call the session "Optional Activity" or "Optional Activity 1" (if you have more than 1) and then in the session description add more specifics about what it is? For example, golf, spa, etc. So that way, the item itself will just display Optional Activity on their orders, but they can still see what it is in the session description. 

Julia Plymack
    Client Success Manager
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Payment for Optional Activities

User Group Member
    Posted 05-19-2023 15:44

Definitely name it "Optional Activity" or what-have-you, and I'd recommend utilizing the description field to either provide a teaser about the activity and/or state when more information will be coming out (it'll prevent a lot of questions regarding the activity and when information will come out).  I recently did this for a client that didn't want to send the event itinerary until all session names and speakers were confirmed as they didn't want changes later, so we named one session "Agenda Coming Soon" with the times being the start and end of the day.  Part of me would have rather had most of the agenda built in and make adjustments as needed, but a bigger part of me was so happy I didn't have to constantly update an agenda.  I have also used "OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: Off-Site Excursion" (for example) to allow attendees to see exactly what the optional activity is at a glance (without reading the details).

Julie-Michelle Davis, CMP
    Meetings Manager
    Amex GBT - USA

• 4.  RE: Payment for Optional Activities

User Group Member
    Posted 05-24-2023 20:03

I would suggest naming it, "OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: [mini teaser]"

Like, "OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: group meal" or, "OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: sports" and then more text in the description for what it actually is, and any associated info (like, "must have own water skis" or whatever)

Elena PEREZ
    Communications Coordinator
    SEIU - UHWUnited States