Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Refunds - how do I confirm?

Posted 07-18-2022 23:05
    After issuing a refund, I am wondering the following:

• How do I resend a refund confirmation email?
    • In Reports, can I confirm that a refund confirmation email was sent?
    • How do I confirm whether a refund was issued to the Previous Transaction vs. Card on File?
    • How can I definitively see that a refund was successfully issued and relay this to a participant?

#Creating/ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Joshua Kumin
    University Of ColoradoUnited States

• 2.  RE: Refunds - how do I confirm?

Cvent Staff
    Posted 07-28-2022 09:54
    Hi Joshua,

The refund confirmation email is set up as an automatic email that we don't have access to unfortunately, so there isn't a way to resend it. However, if you go into the attendees record, under the actions drop-down there is an option to "Email this Page" so you can do that for the attendee to have in their records. 

We aren't able to confirm a refund confirmmation email was sent either as this isn't an email that is created in the back-end of Cvent. 

If you look at the Orders & Payments Tab, you should be able to see both if the refund was successful and if you click into the hyperlink for the Refund, you can see more details about it and what card was refunded. 

Thank you!

Erica Wise
    Senior Client Success Manager

• 3.  RE: Refunds - how do I confirm?

Posted 07-28-2022 12:41
    Hi Erica,

Thanks for the response! Is there a way for me to see whether the refund was issued to the Previous Transaction vs. Card on File? I am trying to figure out why one of our participants is claiming that they didn't receive a refund even though it shows up as processed on our end.

Best,
    Josh

Joshua Kumin
    University Of ColoradoUnited States

• 4.  RE: Refunds - how do I confirm?

Posted 08-02-2022 10:42
    Refunds can take longer to show up on the attendee's credit card, so if there is any questions that it didn't process, I log in to the merchant services site directly, not just check in CVENT.  We use Authorize.net and I can see from there if a refund processed.  You can see all the card details like the last four digits, name on card, etc. and send a receipt from there to the attendee if needed to prove that it did process and their credit card just didn't post it yet to their account.

Christina Strubbe
    Conference Manager
    New England Veterinary Medical AssociationUnited States