Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Registration Embedded on the summary page

Posted 21 days ago

Hi all, has anyone ever embedded their registration widget, created using Marketing > Embedded Widgets into the Summary page? I've registered for Cvent town halls etc and have seen this method of registration, just the first name, last name, email address then the register button. I've managed to add to the embedded widget into a code widget but the code box is too small, and adding a height property to the code just seems to make the section infinitely scroll down the site! It's probably a long shot, but if someone can help point me in the right direction, that would be great. Hopefully though not the direction of the Cvent Developer team, because my client won't pay for it!  thanks.

#Registration

------------------------------
    Russell Holland
    Virtual and Hybrid Event Technology Manager
    BCD Meetings & Events LLCUnited Kingdom

• 2.  RE: Registration Embedded on the summary page
    Best Answer

Posted 21 days ago

Hi Russell,

The embedded widgets are meant to be put on external sites and not within the Cvent summary page itself, which is likely why you are experiencing issues with how it is displaying. However, what you can do instead of using embedded widgets and what is being done in these sample events listed below is to use the first page of the registration process itself as your "landing page" and design it as such to look like the website and then you can have the registration process appear as though it is embedded within. 

See example sites below that are using this functionality if this is along the lines of what you are looking for:

Julia Plymack
    Senior Customer Success Manager
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Registration Embedded on the summary page

Posted 21 days ago

That's exactly what I'm looking for! I wouldn't have ever thought to do it that way! Thank you!

Russell Holland
    Virtual and Hybrid Event Technology Manager
    BCD Meetings & Events LLC United Kingdom